LEAD QA/QC for an offshore project required by our client, an international oil and gas Operator, to be assigned on a Contract basis, located in Houston, TX.
Duration: 12 Months Ongoing
The job holder is responsible for the preparation, implementation, coordination and reporting of all activities related to Quality Management for the Our Client's Project, and for the reporting at project level, for the duration of the Project.
Main interfaces: The job holder shall liaise actively with all the Project Package Managers (mainly) for all QA/QC related activities.
- To develop, adapt and implement the Quality Management System (QMS) of the project (policies, plans, procedures and requirements for Contractors) on the basis of Company Quality charters, directives, rules and objectives, and to define, develop and implement the associated organization and means.
- To adopt and demonstrate an exemplary behavior with regard to HSSE and to implement HSSE rules and requirements within his area of responsibility.
- To assist the Project Director with the relations with Partners specifically regarding Quality Management matters and to participate in the preparation and participate (as required) to Workshops / Committee meetings with Partners
- To ensure confidentiality of all the documentation related to Quality Management (whatever its support)
- To be involved as needed in the action plan defined by Project Senior Management, as in all the other retrieval plans to solve Project issues and deficiencies.
- To participate to Project Management meetings (Weekly/Monthly) and all required meetings.
- To ensure adequate and timely reporting to the Project Director (reports / meetings) highlighting progress and areas of concern.
- To use visits to work-sites to liaise with resident project personnel, and review any quality problems or difficulties they report.
- To act as Feedback Representative for the Project towards Our Client's Headquarters
- Gathers and validate 'lessons learnt' from all project team and provides feedback to Our Client's PJC/MSF.
- To prepare and implement, in consultation with Project management, an Internal Audit Plan in order to ensure compliance with the QMS and to ensure that Project Quality reviews are regularly and properly conducted and that decided actions are diligently completed (actions monitoring)
- To review as necessary Bidders/Contractor's key documents (e.g.: project execution plans, project quality plans, quality control plans, audit schedules and key project procedures), ensuring that they are in line with Project expectations and that they fulfil contract requirements.
- To prepare and implement during the next phase of the project an External Audit Plan covering Contractors and Major Subcontractors in order to ensure enforcement of QMS requirements, and to monitor the External Audits findings & remarks, and any other reported Quality problems, through periodic meetings with Contractors
- To adopt and demonstrate an exemplary behavior with regard to the Company Ethics and "Code of Conduct" policy.
- To assist the Project Management team in the organization, implementation and audit of quality procedures related to the project (internal activities oriented);
- To review and give advice on Contractors', Subcontractors' and suppliers' QA/QC Inspection & Test Plans for overall coherence and adequacy (format, document control and enforcement to Quality Specifications), with the knowledge that prime responsibility for Quality Control remaining with the Packages Managers and their teams;
- Supervising functionally the QA/QC Leaders and Engineers assigned within the different Packages.
- To define, organize and coordinate the Quality Surveillance of Contractors and of their main Subcontractors, organize Quality audits and visits in coordination with concerned Package Managers, and issue updated evaluations of their performance within the project;
- To promote Quality in the project and provide Quality advice;
- To define, develop, implement and control implementation of a Quality Management System for the project (external activities oriented) and assist the Project Management team and Work Package Managers in the organization and implementation of such Quality Management System;
- To assist project management in the definition of organizational requirements per package, and the selection and coordination of QC personnel;
- The communication of the project internally and with the Partners and on all matters related to Quality Management.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum Education: Engineer, or equivalent.
- Minimum Experience: 15-20 years, and 5-10 years in a similar position, GOM Deepwater development experience
- Required Skills /Certifications: Skilled in preparation and implementation of Project Quality management Systems, Proficient organizational ability and commitment to meeting deadlines, strong communication and presentation skills. Team worker capable of working autonomously.
- Language Requirements: Fluent English required.