HSE LEAD for an offshore project required by our client, an international oil and gas Operator, to be assigned on a Contract basis, located in Houston, TX.
Duration: 12 Months Ongoing
- The HSE Lead is responsible for the supervision and coordination of all activities related to Health, Security, Safety, Societal, Environment and Occupational matters for Our Client's Project during the Engineering, Procurement, Supply, Construction, Commissioning and Installation phases.
- Responsibilities: The HSE Lead shall promote a culture of continuous improvement of work processes to reduce HSE and security risks and assure a workplace where HSE is the focus in all we do. Safety for me, for you, for all.
Accountable to the Project Director for:
- Respecting H3SE rules and requirements and for ensuring their application within the Our Client's Project Organization, including Contractors.
- Management of H3SE deliverables and HSE KPIs
- Individually for demonstrating an exemplary behavior with regard to H3SE rules and requirements, and with regard to the Company Ethics and “Code of Conduct” policy.
- To develop and supervise a project HSE team through proactive coaching and mentoring.
- To manage a team of engineers for the safe design, fabrication, construction, installation, and HUC project activities.
- Monitor and report HSE Performance during the engineering / fabrication /construction / operations phases of the Field Development. This includes establishing KPIs, monitor statistics, analyze trends and propose and take remedial action if HSE targets are not met and when necessary.
- Provide overall leadership, coordination and facilitation of HSE activities for the project through all project lifecycles (FEED, detailed design, fabrication, construction, installation, and Hook-up and Commissioning) to deliver against TEP USA Expectations, and ensure Operations Readiness and SEMS Compliance for First Oil.
- To define the Project HSE management system.
- To ensure all required Risk Assessment design deliverables are produced in coordination with the Engineering team and safety design lead.
- Participate in all necessary meetings with sub-contractors (weekly progress meeting, monthly status meetings, technical meetings, pre-job planning meetings, etc.).
- Oversee and follow up technical safety deliverables during FEED and detailed engineering to ensure compliance with internal and GOM requirements to risk assessment process and design.
- Follow up equipment testing activities performed by contractor(s).
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum Education: Secondary and tertiary engineering qualifications (e.g. Masters Degree).
- Minimum Experience: 10 - 20 years' experience in Oil and Gas industry, at least 10 years' experience as HSE Lead / Manager for major offshore project.
Required Skills /Certifications:
- Strong mentoring and coaching skills.
- Strong communication;
- Safe working practice on offshore construction projects - proficient level of knowledge and experience;
- Proficient organizational ability and commitment to meeting deadlines;
- CSP Certification preferred.
- HSE relevant training (NEBOSH or equivalent) preferred.
- Team worker capable of working autonomously;
- Company rules/procedures - proficient level of knowledge and experience;
- HSE Management, Principles and Programs - expert level of knowledge and experience;
- Incident investigations and root cause analysis - expert level of knowledge and experience;
- Deep water developments - proficient level of knowledge and experience;
Language Requirements: Fluent English required