SENIOR PROTECTION CONTROL & METERING ENGINEER required by our client, an international renewable Operator, to be assigned on a Permanent basis, located in Boston, MA.
Duration: 12 Months Ongoing
Our client offers a challenging and exciting work environment and is revolutionizing the renewable energy industry in the United States. Join the team permitting, designing, and constructing the first large scale offshore wind project in the US, and one of the largest in the world. At 800MW, this project will power over 400,000 homes in Massachusetts. Our client is committed to protecting marine life, working alongside the thriving New England fishing industry, and being responsible partners in the community. We are building a new industry for the East Coast, and providing clean and affordable energy that is sustainable for years to come. With strong and experienced investors backing the company, and a large leasehold for more projects, our client is an ideal company with which to launch a career in offshore wind.
- We're looking for an experienced Senior Protection Control & Metering Engineer to join our team. This position will be responsible for:
- Ensure that the Protection, Control and Metering systems are designed and delivered in accordance to Grid Code and Network Connection Agreements requirements, other TSO requirements, the Company standards, industry relevant standards and best engineering practices.
- Coordination and technical lead related to the Protection, Control and Metering discipline, from tender process to project execution until contract closure.
- Provide professional advice on engineering strategies / risk levels and commercial agreements to the key package, to ensure that cost effective technical solutions are identified, fully evaluated and the risk profile is fully understood by the project.
- Ensure that all assessment, advice and recommendations are fully documented in accordance with all internal procedures and industry best practice, and that sufficient technical and commercial due diligence (whether internal or external) exists to support those business decisions.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
The right candidate will possess a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering and Demonstrable and substantial experience in the design, management and commissioning of Control, Protection and Metering systems in offshore wind farm substations. Highly organized with proven project management skills preferred; excellent communication skills and an analytical mind along with high level of professionalism, trustworthiness, sound judgment, and a collaborative spirit.