SENIOR ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT ENGINEER required by our client, an international renewable Operator, to be assigned on a Permanent basis, located in Boston, MA.
Duration: 12 Months Ongoing
Our client offers a challenging and exciting work environment and is revolutionizing the renewable energy industry in the United States. Join the team permitting, designing, and constructing the first large scale offshore wind project in the US, and one of the largest in the world. At 800MW, this project will power over 400,000 homes in Massachusetts. Our client is committed to protecting marine life, working alongside the thriving New England fishing industry, and being responsible partners in the community. We are building a new industry for the East Coast, and providing clean and affordable energy that is sustainable for years to come. With strong and experienced investors backing the company, and a large leasehold for more projects, our client is an ideal company with which to launch a career in offshore wind.
- We're looking for an experienced Senior Electrical Equipment Engineer to join our team. This position will be responsible for:
- Design activities for an offshore renewable project, providing key engineering advice, assessment and recommendations to ensure delivery of substantial EPC Contract within time, to budget and quality following the highest industry practices and observing the maximum respect for Health, Safety and the Environment to ensure regulatory and legal compliance.
- Provide professional advice on appropriate bid levels / program strategies / engineering strategies / risk levels and commercial agreements relative to a multi-million dollar, multi-disciplinary, multi-contract work package, to ensure that cost effective technical solutions are identified, fully evaluated and the risk profile is fully understood by the project.
- Ensure that all assessment, advice and recommendations are fully documented in accordance with all internal procedures and industry best practice, and that sufficient technical and commercial due diligence (whether internal or external) exists to support those business decisions.
- Deliver consistent, high quality, cost effective engineering advice to the key packages and projects.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
The right candidate will possess a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering and five years experience in a relevant industry (HV Electrical Equipment, offshore wind preferable). Highly organized with proven project management skills preferred; excellent communication skills and an analytical mind along with high level of professionalism, trustworthiness, sound judgment, and a collaborative spirit.