OFFSHORE SUBSTATION INSTALLATION MANAGER required by our client, an international renewable Operator, to be assigned on a Permanent basis, located in Boston, MA.
Duration: 12 Months Ongoing
Our client offers a challenging and exciting work environment and is revolutionizing the renewable energy industry in the United States. Join the team permitting, designing, and constructing the first large scale offshore wind project in the US, and one of the largest in the world. At 800MW, this project will power over 400,000 homes in Massachusetts. Our client is committed to protecting marine life, working alongside the thriving New England fishing industry, and being responsible partners in the community. We are building a new industry for the East Coast, and providing clean and affordable energy that is sustainable for years to come. With strong and experienced investors backing the company, and a large leasehold for more projects, our client is an ideal company with which to launch a career in offshore wind.
- We're looking for an experienced Offshore Substation Installation Manager to join our team. This position will be responsible for:
- Delivery of complex multi-million, multi-disciplinary, large-scale installation projects with a significant number of interfaces and coordination to manage.
- Ensure installation is delivered on time, to budget and quality following the highest industry practice and observing the maximum respect for Health, Safety and Environment.
- Implement offshore standards, procedures, tools, best practices and quality requirements for large scale offshore installation.
- Ensure the delivery of installation works is appropriate and consistent with Vineyard Wind strategy and delivered according to specification, budget and timetable without compromising safety.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
The right candidate will possess a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Electrical Engineer or Construction Management and five years relevant experience with proven success in the leadership of self-sustaining teams, preferably in the onshore or offshore wind industry. Highly organized with proven project management skills preferred; excellent communication skills and an analytical mind along with high level of professionalism, trustworthiness, sound judgment, and a collaborative spirit.