OFFSHORE CABLE INSTALLATION ENGINEER required by our client, an international renewable Operator, to be assigned on a Permanent basis, located in New Bedford, MA.
Duration: 12 Months Ongoing
Our client offers a challenging and exciting work environment and is revolutionizing the renewable energy industry in the United States. Join the team permitting, designing, and constructing the first large scale offshore wind project in the US, and one of the largest in the world. At 800MW, this project will power over 400,000 homes in Massachusetts. Our client is committed to protecting marine life, working alongside the thriving New England fishing industry, and being responsible partners in the community. We are building a new industry for the East Coast, and providing clean and affordable energy that is sustainable for years to come. With strong and experienced investors backing the company, and a large leasehold for more projects, our client is an ideal company with which to launch a career in offshore wind.
- We're looking for an experienced Inter Array Cable Installation Manager to join our team. This position will be responsible for:
- Project Engineering and Management in relation to all installation activities and the contractor's installation (and pre-installation engineering) works.
- Review of Contractor documentation to ensure compliance with relevant standards, recommended practices, guidelines and industry best practice. Acceptance of the documentation.
- Manage Marine Warranty Surveyor's review of installation documentation and responsibility for procuring Certificate of Approval for the installation works.
- To coordinate interfaces with other project packages, contractors and third parties, notably with:
- The AC supply team (cable accessories, loading out, etc.)
- The Foundation team
- The ESP team
- The site / offshore construction team
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
The right candidate will possess a Bachelor's degree in Electrical and eight years relevant experience with proven success in the leadership of self-sustaining teams, preferably in the onshore or offshore wind industry. Minimum 5 years' experience in an offshore installation engineering contractor capacity. Highly organized with proven project management skills preferred; excellent communication skills and an analytical mind along with high level of professionalism, trustworthiness, sound judgment, and a collaborative spirit.