DEPUTY SITE MANAGER required by our client, an international renewable Operator, to be assigned on a Permanent basis, located in Boston, MA.
Duration: 12 Months Ongoing
Our client offers a challenging and exciting work environment and is revolutionizing the renewable energy industry in the United States. Join the team permitting, designing, and constructing the first large scale offshore wind project in the US, and one of the largest in the world. At 800MW, this project will power over 400,000 homes in Massachusetts. Our client is committed to protecting marine life, working alongside the thriving New England fishing industry, and being responsible partners in the community. We are building a new industry for the East Coast, and providing clean and affordable energy that is sustainable for years to come. With strong and experienced investors backing the company, and a large leasehold for more projects, our client is an ideal company with which to launch a career in offshore wind.
- We're looking for an experienced Deputy Site Manager to join our team. The primary objective of the role is to Lead and support the Site Manager and Construction team in the management of site preparation for construction, site management during construction and hand over to O&M. Responsibilities include:
- Liaise with Project Development team and assist in the process of gaining consent/approval for the temporary construction base and the O&M base/building.
- Manage the procurement of all contracts, from ITT preparation to hand over, for any part of the work required to ensure that the temporary and permanent port infrastructure.
- Prepare decision papers for management where required, including reasoning and cost/benefit analysis.
- Report and manage the program, including initial and continuing progress.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
The right candidate will possess a Bachelor's degree in Engineering and direct experience as a Site Manager in an offshore wind construction project. Highly organized with excellent communication skills and an analytical mind along with high level of professionalism, trustworthiness, sound judgment, and a collaborative spirit.