CONSTRUCTION WORKFORCE MANAGER required by our client, an international renewable Operator, to be assigned on a Permanent basis, located in Boston, MA.
Duration: 12 Months Ongoing
Our client offers a challenging and exciting work environment and is revolutionizing the renewable energy industry in the United States. Join the team permitting, designing, and constructing the first large scale offshore wind project in the US, and one of the largest in the world. At 800MW, this project will power over 400,000 homes in Massachusetts. Our client is committed to protecting marine life, working alongside the thriving New England fishing industry, and being responsible partners in the community. We are building a new industry for the East Coast, and providing clean and affordable energy that is sustainable for years to come. With strong and experienced investors backing the company, and a large leasehold for more projects, our client is an ideal company with which to launch a career in offshore wind.
- We're looking for an experienced Construction Workforce Manager to join our team. The primary objective of the role is to ensure on-time and on-budget marine construction projects by identifying and fulfilling workforce needs.
- This role liaises with contractors and contract managers to identify specific workforce roles and numbers, and works with workforce development boards, trade unions, and others to ensure sufficient staffing of construction roles. Key responsibilities include:
- Evaluate and gather all manpower requirements for projects and coordinate with various construction resources for all projects and maintain knowledge on all manpower requirements for projects.
- Gather information from various contractors to determine scope of workforce resources needed for positions, communicate resource needs to various subcontractors and negotiate terms and specifications of vendor relationships.
- Collaborate with external and internal contractors and supplier for various construction activities, including manpower planning.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
The right candidate will possess a Bachelor's degree in Engineering and direct experience as a Site Manager in an offshore wind construction project. Highly organized with excellent communication skills and an analytical mind along with high level of professionalism, trustworthiness, sound judgment, and a collaborative spirit.