PROJECT MANAGER, required by our client, to be hired on a permanent basis, located in Singapore.
- To be fully responsible for the delivery of engineering projects on behalf of the client. This will include all technical, commercial, quality and HSE aspects associated with the projects.
- Experience as a Project Manager or Project Engineer Manager for an engineering contractor or EPC contractor on an FPSO Topsides project
- Ensuring compliance with the client's project performance procedures
- Coordinating with and leading the project team, to ensure projects are delivered in accordance with the contract schedule, budget & scope and to the necessary quality.
- Identifying and communicating the objectives for the project team in accordance with the contract terms, scope of work and company policy.
- Ensuring repeat business from the Client.
- Determining all matters affecting the implementation and operation of the contract.
- Management Knowledge and Skills
- Sound knowledge in all areas of project planning and execution.
- Contract negotiation skills.
- Project planning and progress tracking is mandatory.
- Ability to track man hours and project related expenses.
- Ability to identify risks and minimize the company's exposure to risks on projects.
- Must possess a sound knowledge of cost analysis and other financial aspects of contract management.
- Ability to identify areas of improvement in internal processes and recommend solutions.
- Taking reasonable care for your own Health and Safety and the Health and Safety of others who may be affected by your actions.
- Working with the Company to ensure a high standard of Environmental Health and Safety management by following the site EHS procedures. Ensuring compliance with all relevant quality standards/procedures in your area. This includes reporting any deviations from these standards/procedures, completing corrective actions and making recommendations to prevent similar deviations in the future.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- High level leadership skills with the ability to lead effectively, and to motivate and influence others to adopt company and project objectives.
- Strong technical skills, including excellent understanding of typical Engineering and EPC Project requirements and engineering delivery for complex FPSO Topside projects
- Excellent ability to express self-confidently, clearly, fluently, concisely and persuasively in spoken and written English.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to coordinate with and/or manage Clients, colleagues and staff effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Problem resolution skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with clients and contractors.
- Bachelor or higher degree in Engineering in any fields.
- Experience of working to ISO 9001-2000
- Execution of feasibility studies and conceptual design, FEED, EPC, FPSO and detailed design projects
- Solid engineering design background accompanied by strong construction and procurement experience.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred but not mandatory
- MS Office.