DEPUTY LEAD COMMISSIONING MANAGER required by our client, an international renewable Operator, to be assigned on a Contract basis, located in Boston, MA.
Duration: 24 months ongoing
- The Deputy Lead Commissioning Manager is a relevant role within the Commissioning Package due to the need of resources for the upcoming large-scale offshore wind projects in the USA East Coast.
- His primary role is to assist the Lead Commissioning Manager with his responsibilities, and in the last instance, to undertake them in case of absence. In the long term, and once the adequate is attained, the candidate must be able to take the role of Lead Commissioning Manager.
- The position may require frequent travel or temporal accommodation in the site offices in New Bedford to act as a Global Commissioning Representative, ensuring all commissioning processes as stablished in the different Commissioning Manuals are followed and implemented.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Management of the Project Commissioning Team and associated resource.
- Elaboration of the Project Commissioning Manual.
- Approval of the Package Commissioning Manuals
- Controlling the 'Safety from the System 'and 'Electrical Safety Rules' procedures in respect to all electrical activities associated with the project.
- Managing the operation of all high-voltage systems, including the interfaces between each package.
- Ensuring coordination between onshore and offshore activities, including liaison between the Project, worksite and grid operator with respect to safety, testing, commissioning and energization/operations.
- Oversee all electrical activities for the purpose of safety, technical review, contractual compliance and operation/logistical duties.
- Providing guidance and ensuring compliance with local legislation and regulation with respect to electrical activities, including acting on behalf of the poject, where requested, as nominated adviser to Transmission Owner.
- Providing training and formal assessment of staff in relation to the electrical authorization procedures associated with 'Safety from the System'.
- To support the HSE department in the management and implementation of general safety.
- Provide a weekly report to the EPC Project Commissioning Manager that cover all activities.
- Master of Engineering (MEng) or equivalent. Preferable in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience within offshore renewable sector and within transmission and distribution industry.
- Min 2 Years' management or senior role
- IT literate with the ability to operate MS Office systems and other IT based project management software.
- Flexible to travel regularly to attend meetings and work at different project sites.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to adapt quickly to a rapidly changing in working environment and demonstrate a positive approach to change.
- High degree of self-motivation with a flexible approach to work.
- American/Canadian Nationality
Special Requirements (not mandatory)
- Experience of engineering design
- Experience on large scale offshore/onshore windfarm projects
- Health and safety management skills
- Foreign languages (Spanish, Danish)