SUPPLY CHAIN SPECIALIST required by our client, an international oil and gas Operator, to be assigned on a Contract basis, located in the Woodlands, TX.
Duration: 12 months ongoing
The Supply Chain Specialist is based in the Woodlands and reports directly to the Supply Chain Manager Systems.
The position is responsible for providing C&P support for the tendering, award and execution of service contracts and purchase orders for the Pre-Operations phase of our client's LNG Project for in alignment with Company policies and industry standards in support of the LNG organization.
This is a key position that will require a detailed level of procurement, contracts, C&P systems expertise.
- Manage internal customer and contractor / supplier relations to ensure service needs are met and act as liaison between all stakeholders participating in the contracting processes.
- Identify and measure risks, and develop strategies and negotiations for contractual issues that reduce such risks, involving Legal and other departments as appropriate.
- Ensure contractor compliance with Company policies, procedures and safety requirements.
- Ensure compliance with Company's Contracting Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure compliance with Company Regulations, Company Code of Business Conduct and Anti-Corruption Laws, including the FCPA and Anti-Bribery Act.
- Ensure goods and services are contracted at competitive prices, while maintaining quality standards.
- Confirm compliance with current AMA1 Project guidelines and local laws as applicable to contract development
- Maintain auditable files; including electronic files within Project required systems.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- The successful candidate will have a minimum of five (5) or more year's relevant procurement and contracting experience within the oil and gas industry. Specific experience and expertise in the following is required:
- Experience in a C&P role on major capital projects, including drafting and formulating master service agreements for goods and services.
- Experience in negotiating and managing tender process for large, multi-national projects.
- Experience supporting Integrated Projects.
- Proven ability to manage contractors / suppliers to ensure value delivery to the Project. This includes managing contractual obligations of parties involved to ensure that all terms and conditions are met.
- Demonstrated track record of implementing strong governance systems within the Contracts and Procurement function.
- Ability to interact with stakeholders in a multifunctional team and able to accomplish directives in a high-pressure, deadline driven environment.
- Demonstrated ability to perform as a key member of a high performing work team in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to handle complex issues.
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills.
- Proven ability to assess, prioritize and respond to urgent situations on a timely basis.
- Ability to pass Company physical, drug screening and background security check.
- Must be willing to travel as required.
- Bachelor's degree desirable.
- Fluent oral and written knowledge of English is required.
- This position requires a standard 40-hour/week work schedule. Occasional regional and international business travel as required.