SALES & MARKETING MANAGER required by our client, an international oil and gas production company to be assigned on a Permanent basis, located in Houston, TX.
This position is responsible for assisting the GL (Group Leader) to manage current portfolio of customers, as well drive business growth within the industry, specific but not limited to the regions mentioned above. This also includes collaborating effectively and managing the sales functions across Our client's Americas' offices.
- Manage and develop business to meet/exceed the Industrial Polymers & Elastomers Departments' sales and financial objectives
- Monitor and coordinate marketing activities and support staff to achieve results
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships as well as enhance collaboration across Our Client's Americas' offices
- Maintain reports on key account metrics for reporting to management within MPI, as well as the Americas region
- Ensure timely and successful delivery of services according to customer needs and objectives; managing sales support team effectively (supply management, logistics, credit management, inventory management, import/export compliance, monitor contracts and maintain accounts receivable/payable)
- Be a trusted advisor and expert in market to better service new and existing customers/ suppliers
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
- Preferable with 2 years of work experience with polymers, preferably in the Industrial Polymers and Rubber & Elastomers Industry with some knowledge in the related materials (Impact modifiers for PVC, CPVC resin, poly-chloroprene, SIS, C-5 Resin) used in extrusion and injection process, as well adhesive applications.
- Account management, successful business development experience and an established network with a wide variety of contacts within the industry.
- Knowledge in international trade
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence effectively as all levels of an organization
- Experience in sales.
- Fluent in English AND Spanish; additional fluency in Portuguese preferred
- MS office application skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work with limited supervision within the procedures established by the company
- Travel Requirement up to 60%, with limited travel restrictions