SENIOR MECHANICAL ENGINEER, required by our client, to be hired on a permanent basis, located in Singapore.
- Responsible for the control, production and quality of mechanical design and analysis deliverables and ensuring that all deliverables are issued in accordance with the project schedule and in accordance with the Client Quality Management System
- The job holder will assist with the development of man-hour estimates for proposals.
Reports to: Head of Piping
- Carryout mechanical engineering activity in the design & review of in-house, client and vendor documentation including static and rotating equipment.
- Pressure vessel/heat exchanger design and calculation checking.
- The establishment and maintenance of systems and procedures within the mechanical function, in accordance with the Company's QA procedures.
- Checking and Approval of mechanical specifications, reports, drawings, calculations & procedures.
- Review of vendor document quotations from technical perspective including calculations, general arrangements, and datasheets.
- Assist with scheduling and resourcing of project mechanical teams & activities.
- Liaising with Client colleagues & clients on projects.
- Reporting to functional lead/project manager.
- Review Pressure vessel/heat exchanger designs and check calculations against international standards and client's specification (ASME VIII, TEMA, PD5500).
- Production of mechanical handling schedules & weight estimations.
- Assist Proposals Department with man-hour estimates and CTR's for mechanical discipline
- Able to work flexibly within a team and on own initiative, in particular developing and maintaining close working relationships with internal and external colleagues and clients.
- Good skills and knowledge over a broad area of the business with the ability to understand working practices within other areas, in particular maintaining close working relationship with other functional engineering departments.
- Logical thinking and the ability to follow processes
- Fully competent in own area of expertise with a sound understanding of associated procedures and processes.
- Communication & Influence - Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to respond quickly and accurately and able to provide professional representation when corresponding with clients
- Analysis & Problem Solving - Proactive approach to identify problems, with the ability to think creatively in order to provide a logical solution
- Accountability for Results - A well organised self-starter with a positive outlook and a clear focus to get the job done in an environment of rapidly changing priorities against challenging deadlines.
- Make technical decisions and ensure solutions are implemented
- Responsible for supervising and ensuring satisfactory work output from less experienced engineers, including co-ordination of workload and identification of areas for continual improvement.
- Personal Development - Commitment to remain up-to-date with job related technical requirements and take ownership for expansion of own area of understanding and expertise
- Initiative to identify, put forward & follow up recommendations for improvement to enhance own performance within the role.
- Taking reasonable care for your own Health and Safety and the Health and Safety of others who may be affected by your actions.
- Working with the Company to ensure a high standard of Environmental Health and Safety management by following the site EHS procedures. Ensuring compliance with all relevant quality standards/procedures in your area. This includes reporting any deviations from these standards/procedures, completing corrective actions and making recommendations to prevent similar deviations in the future.
- Grows the Business - Helps to grow and develop Client in a way that is consistent with the Group strategy and contributes to operational, financial and business growth goals.
- Makes Effective Decisions - Gathers evidence and applies judgement to analyse problems and evaluate options in a logical and systematic way, in order to cut through complexity and ambiguity to arrive at sound decisions that enable business growth in a timely manner.
- Supports Change - Is open to change, ambiguity and transformation, identifying opportunities for innovation, creativity and growth. Taking personal responsibility for successfully embedding strategic change across the organisation.
- Leads Self and Others - Leads with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm, aligning self and others to deliver the values and business strategy of Client .
- Communicates and Influences - Communicates and influences others, presenting information clearly and adapting styles to meet audience needs and achieve business outcomes.
- Collaborates and Partners - Promotes trust and respect in all relationships, actively listens and integrates others' perspectives and offers constructive challenge, supports teamwork and collaborates across boundaries to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes
- Develops Capability - Has a strong focus on continuous learning and development for self and others, building capability and sharing talent across the organisation.
- Achieves Superior Performance - Has a commercial and sustainable mind-set to deliver results on time, on budget and to a high quality, ensuring that all activities adhere to safety standards, add value and contribute to growth for the Client Group business.
- Delivers with Focus - Takes initiative to anticipate challenge and ensure performance is delivered with energy and perseverance, taking responsibility and accountability to respond flexibly and ensure quality outcomes.
- Exceeds Client Expectations - Expends effort to ensure maximum internal and external client satisfaction, through building excellent stakeholder relationships and striving to exceed client expectations through the delivery of quality products and services.
- Provides Professional Expertise - Maintains own professional knowledge, skills and understanding within their specific area of expertise, and effectively applies and shares their expertise to support business operations and growth.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Intermediate: Word & Excel
- Significant experience in specification & design of static & rotating equipment
- Proven work experience in industrial or offshore mechanical design & equipment, (including stress analysis) and mechanical project execution (including scheduling & resourcing)
- Knowledge of international codes & standards including ASME & API
- Experience of 3rd party inspectorates such as DNV, ABS, Lloyds
- Experience in Offshore/ FPSO
- Experience of working with Oil & Gas Industry equipment
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical / BEng (hons) in Mechanical Engineering