SENIOR PROCESS ENGINEER required by our client, to be hired on a permanent basis, located in Singapore.
- To execute work in compliance with project requirements and the Company's quality system.
- To review the project execution schedule and develop detailed schedules for electrical design activities.
- Production of documents including, but not limited to studies, calculations, reports, specifications and datasheets
- Prepare manhour estimations for tenders.
- Production of drawings, but not limited to, P&IDs, PFDs, flow schedules, UFDs etc.
- Occasional site visits
- Assistance with tender packages including tender documents, scope of work etc.
- Assist the Head of Department in assessing the requirements for staff training and the technical performance of staff.
- Assist the Head of Department in the management of the department workload.
- Participate in the Company's mentoring program to assist and mentor younger, less experienced engineers.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Assist the lead engineer as required to enable the process deliverable execution
- Provide technical support and coaching to process engineers within the project team
- Be knowledgeable with applicable legislation and standards such as Norsok / API / HSE and ensure the project complies with client specifications, international codes and standards and Client standards.
- Ensure that the process deliverables are produced and issued and in accordance with the project schedule and deliverables registers.
- Identify any changes to the project scope and ensure the necessary change notes and associated documentation is raised.
- Understand the client's requirements to ensure that the project meets their expectations when delivered.
- Ensure that the required quality of work is maintained by the checking process
- Communicate with the client through Technical Query / Email / Telephone / Video Conference
- Attend client HAZOP, HAZID, design review and clarification meetings
- Organise and participate in internal design review meetings
- Vendor package interfacing
- Incorporation of client P&ID review comments
- Attend other Client offices as required to assist in the project development
- Checking and generation of process engineering documents (focus expected to be on checking)
- Generation of fixed price and budget proposals
- Approval of process engineering documents (Approval capability may be assigned in specific circumstances)
- Conversant with Microsoft software packages including Word & Excel
- Fully conversant in the understanding & interpretation of P&IDs and PFDs
- Significant experience in a process engineering role, preferably within the oil & gas industry.
- Report writing skills.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills to be able to coordinate in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Resourceful in researching for technical knowledge.
- Be able to motivate and provide technical guidance to a team of engineers.
- Ability to communicate with senior management.
- Ability to communicate with and develop long term relationships with clients.
- Single / Multi-Phase hydraulic analysis software (steady state and transient).
- Process simulation software.
- MS Office
- Fully conversant with discipline specific software design tools including simulation programs such as Hysys and other process software such as Flare System Analyser, Flaresim and PipeNet
- Taking reasonable care for your own Health and Safety and the Health and Safety of others who may be affected by your actions.
- Working with the Company to ensure a high standard of Environmental Health and Safety management by following the site EHS procedures. Ensuring compliance with all relevant quality standards/procedures in your area. This includes reporting any deviations from these standards/procedures, completing corrective actions and making recommendations to prevent similar deviations in the future.