PROJECT PLANNER required by our client, an international oil and gas Operator, to be assigned on a Contract basis, located in Boston, MA.
Duration: 12 months
Our Client is looking for a strong project planner to participate in the construction of the first large scale offshore windfarm in North America. The Project Planner will be responsible for establishing and maintaining the detailed project schedules for the sub-packages. The planner will work with the sub-packages and contractors to secure a proactive approach to planning and executing of the project. The key tasks include:
- Establish and maintain detailed project plans (in Primavera) and carry out progress updates of activities and resources demands
- Communicate and report progress, performance and forecasts
- Ensure alignment and coordination of milestones and project package and contractor schedules
- Facilitate scenario analysis and support Package Managers in concept selection and decision making
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
We are looking for a candidate with a Bachelor or Master's degree in engineering or similar. Preferably extensive experience from the construction and/or electrical industry and experience in working with various levels of authority in the organization.
- Structured and analytical approach to the work and with a clear eye for details
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present and communicate complex matters
- Project management training (preferable PMP)
- Effective computer skills incl. Primavera, Power Point and Excel. Extensive experience in the use of Primavera is required
- Ability to work out of Boston