I&E ENGINEER required by our client, to be hired on a permanent basis, located in Dallas and Houston, Texas.
- The I&E Engineer will provide electrical, instrumentation, and controls engineering support for client projects involving oil and gas pipelines and facilities.
- Successful candidate is proficient in a broad range of electrical and instrumentation design related to oil and gas transportation and processing facilities.
- Provide equipment / system specifications and installation guidelines for instrumentation and electrical devices and systems in accordance with established engineering standards.
- Work with discipline designers to develop electrical and instrumentation design documents including, but not limited to electrical site plans, conduit and tray plans and details, wiring diagrams, one-line diagrams, control diagrams, cause & effect charts, control narratives, motor schematics, PLC layout/termination drawings, wire schedules, lighting panel schedules, electrical equipment installation details, and be responsible for the quality thereof.
- Review and develop Process & Instrumentation Diagrams in accordance with ISA guidelines.
- Specify electrical and instrument components of a project using the appropriate datasheets and evaluate vendor specifications for conformance.
- Interface as necessary with in-house engineering, project management, drafting, purchasing, as well as outside consultants, inspection, and operations personnel.
- Perform on-site factory acceptance testing of major electrical equipment.
- Participate in internal and external project meetings to develop project requirements, define delivery schedules, review design, and report progress.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering.
- The successful candidate will have a working knowledge of both medium and low voltage power systems and their application in oil and gas projects.
- Professional Engineering License Not required but desirable.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience in I&E engineering for oil and gas related projects.
- Must be able to coordinate effectively with a wide range of technical, analytical and managerial personnel and operate with minimal direction.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of control and communications systems, particularly in the oil and gas systems.
- Have a broad knowledge of industry standards (NEC, ISA, API, IEEE, NFPA, IEC, etc.).
- Ability to understand and develop control loop drawings, P&IDs, and electrical schematics.
- Exhibit excellent written and oral communication skills and can manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Experience in the design of electrical installations meeting requirements for Class 1 Group C, D for hazardous areas.
- Must be willing to travel to job sites from time to time and meet with clients and construction personnel to provide discipline specific support as necessary