PROCESS ENGINEER required by our client, an International Oil and Gas Operator, to be assigned on a contract-to-hire basis, located in Houston, TX
Duration: 6 month-to-permanent
The Process Engineering, intermediate level candidate, will support various team members and client
during all aspects of the projects. Responsibilities will involve using standard process design and process
simulation tools for facilities modifications, additions, etc. and to technically determine solutions in
sufficient detail to determine cost, verify operability, HSSE compliance and provide equipment and
material specifications to the other engineering disciplines. Candidates must be self-driven, demonstrate
the ability to multi-task and work effectively under pressure in order to meet project deadlines is essential.
- Provide process design support for a variety of EPC projects.
- Performing process computer simulations including heat & mass balance calculations,
preparation of process flow diagrams and P&ID's to establish fluid flow circuits and required
process controls, scope definition and front-end studies.
- Performing various process design calculations including line sizing, hydraulics, equipment sizing,
PSV sizing & flare system hydraulics.
- Provide input to instrumentation and control data sheets, line designations tables, material
selections, equipment list for cost estimation, plot plan process inputs, plant classification,
hazardous area classifications, constructability reviews, maintainability & operability reviews.
- Ensure that acceptable HSSE standards are met during project execution.
- Coordinates the process work plan within overall sequence of engineering execution.
- Communicate process information including equipment and material specifications to mechanical,
instrumentation, electrical, civil/structural and piping departments for detailed design.
- Continually monitors schedule and looks for opportunities to improve schedule.
- Ensures that deliverables from other disciplines have been received prior to starting work that
requires those deliverables.
- Ensures commitment of the project to safety in design.
- Monitors process “recycle” on project and promptly takes corrective action to eliminate internally
- Ensures that all design documents and deliverables produced by process are:
- meeting all governing codes, standards, regulations, procedures and practices; subject to quality
assurance before release to other disciplines; and reviewed by other disciplines affected by
- Ensures that process correctly reviews and comments on other discipline design documents and
deliverables, which affect quality and timeliness of process work.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Chemical engineering degree (B.Eng.) from a recognized university.
- 8-15 years process design experience in Oil & Gas industry.
- EPC company experience required.
- Operating and /or site experience is preferred.
- Skilled in computer process simulations, process conceptual design, detailed engineering.
- Skilled with standard computer process simulation tool set (HySys, Pro II, Aspen Plus, HTRI)
including Excel and Word.
- Solid working knowledge of codes, standards and practices including ASME, API, ANSI, NFPA,
NACE and ASTM.
- HAZOP facilitation experience an asset.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.