PROJECT DIRECTOR, PIPELINES to be hired on a permanent basis, located in Houston, Texas.
- A senior project leader with a balance of technical, commercial and management skills to drive the successful development of Client pipelines.
- The ideal candidate will have a successful track record managing and leading commercial negotiations for pipeline projects, including negotiating with pipeline companies and gas producers to include JV, M&A and EPC contracts.
- Some experience with construction will be helpful, delivering projects on time and within budget with a consistent focus on quality control and regulatory compliance.
- Lead new project development of client pipelines
- Provide commercial, technical, operational, environmental, permitting, regulatory and contract strategy towards delivering the pipelines to Client plants
- Manage gas providers regarding all environmental, permitting, and regulatory and contract issues
- Solicit and manage land acquisition services and develop strategies to secure specific land tracks
- Develop financial plans and validate project estimates
- Interface with FERC and associated authorities
- Develop staffing plans for preparedness throughout all project stages from inception to completion
- Set strategic goals, identify key milestones and develop and revise schedules to meet objectives
- Conduct risk assessments with associated mitigations for commercial and technical aspects that impact the project outcome
- Develop operational and maintenance strategies to ensure system reliability and integrity while striving to reduce operating expenses and increase efficiencies
- Interface and negotiate with third party interconnecting pipeline companies to provide offtake gas.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- A Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering or another related field.
- PMP certification preferred
- Ten or more years of experience as a project manager in the pipeline industry
- Demonstrated ability to understand a demanding, technical and complicated construction project; and the ability to communicate progress and issues to a technical- and management-level audience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of industry regulations and standards
- FERC experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience providing construction management support and managing subconsultants
- Strong analytical, leadership, and negotiation skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills, with an ability to communicate complex issues to a non-technical audience.