IT PROJECT DIRECTOR required by our client, to be hired on a permanent basis, located in Houston, Texas.
- The IT Project Director develops, implements and maintains the tools and systems utilised by the teams supporting our LNG plants.
- This person will complete feasibility studies, select solutions, and design and implement business-driven technology applications and tools.
- He or she will have project management responsibility, including financial/budget management and control of project costs.
- He or she will manage the scope, design, development and implementation of applications, software components and tools that integrate into our existing business systems.
- The IT Project Director will ensure projects are delivered on schedule, on budget and meet quality standards.
- Manages project(s) for the acquisition or development of software components or computer application systems and their implementation
- Manages vendors/contractors to assure they deliver the value and services as contracted
- Ensures projects are delivered on time, on budget and with high quality
- Provides work direction and guidance to members of the Project Team - personnel from business and IT
- Plans team resource needs and works closely with other managers to set clear expectations and roles for project team members.
- Participates in process and technology re-engineering
- Analyses and recommends implementation options
- Provides business and technical integration across all related business activities
- Communicates plans, statuses and issues to the leadership team
- Serves as system administrator post implementation
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in business, computer science, or management information systems
- 7 or more years of professional experience solving business problems with technology solutions at an LNG facility
- Experience in application development encompassing the following:
- Successful development and implementation of SAP Asset Management
- Successful development and implementation of an ADP (Annual Delivery Plan) management system
- Demonstrated competency in project management and execution of multiple or larger projects
- Demonstrated successful development and implementation of new work processes or process improvements.
- Experience working with stakeholders to develop solutions to complex business problems.
- Ability to recommend, design and implement technology solutions in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Strong leadership skills directing technical professionals
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical and system design skills
- Self-motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment