FEED Engineering Lead required by our client, an International Oil and Gas Operator, to be assigned on a Contract basis, located in London, UK
Duration: 1 year - renewable.
|The FEED Engineering Lead reports directly to the LNG Project Engineering Manager and liaises with project team members. The service holder shall:
- Act as the FEED Engineering Lead towards the FEED Contractor for any matter pertaining to the Agreement.
- Supervise the FEED Contractor overall activities and ensure their compliance with project specifications, schedule, budget and safety practices.
- Be the single focal point and relay all contractual matters and official correspondences from the FEED Contractor towards the Engineering Manager.
- Provide, in close coordination with the Engineering Manager, the FEED Contractor with specific instructions wherever required for the good execution of the Project.
- Ensure, in close coordination with the Engineering Manager, the FEED Contractor engineering design consistency, optimization, operability, flexibility and constructability which implies engineering inter-disciplines check/management.
- Report to Engineering Manager on FEED Contractor progress, highlighting critical issues and potential changes to basis for design, as early as possible, anticipate problems, and propose mitigations & remedial actions.
- Initiate and coordinate dedicated studies, workshops and project technical reviews with the support of discipline Engineers.
- Follow interfaces development that may affect the project planning and the plant integrity/operability in relation with the Interface and Engineering Manager.
|Communicate and applies the H3SE policies of the Company and ensure the engineering is developed accordingly.
- Supervise on behalf of Company the FEED Contractor day-to-day activities.
- Create a proactive and efficient relationship with the FEED contractor which implies day to day and close coordination with its Contractor counterparts.
- Submit draft proposal to his hierarchy for any official letters destined to the FEED contractor.
- Assist the Engineering Manager in coordinating the Company Process resident.
- Participate to the Weekly and Monthly meetings with the FEED Contractor and validate on behalf of Company decisions on required actions and associated due dates.
- Review and validate on behalf of Company weekly and monthly reports produced by the FEED Contractor.
- Review and follow all technical exchanges, and prevent FEED Contractor stand-by/delays by ensuring timely reply from Company of the FEED Contractor technical queries, interface task sheets and deviation requests.
- Challenge the FEED Contractor, monitor and promote optimization of the plant design considering alternatives design, optimizing works and schedule.
- Ensure the timely review of the FEED contractor engineering documents by Company resident and central engineering team and approve deliverables he is in charge of or for which an arbitration or a decision might be required, based on the inputs from the discipline leaders.
- Organize necessary technical meetings, workshops and reviews with FEED Contractor and Company and follow the findings closures.
- Provide assistance to technical audits (HAZOP, PTR, etc.) and follow the findings closures.
- Ensure the final documentation is correctly finalized according to latest engineering studies performed, punch list review included.
- Contribute actively to interface management.
- Contribute to the development of the digital plant though the centric data management.
- Conduct an internal weekly meeting with the central engineering team and ensure a weekly reporting with the Process resident engineer
- Follow-up the monitoring of the engineering documents review chain, liaise directly with project document controller for the follow-up of the KPIs
- Contribute to the EPSCC Contract and Exhibits preparation and participate to the clarifications phase.
- Interacts with partners, third parties and representatives of authorities for technical assistance when required.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Engineer specialized in project or engineering management with above 15 years' experience in oil & gas projects.
- The candidate must also have skills in main design disciplines such as Process, Safety and/or piping/layout.
- Previous experience in contractor management is required.
- Concept design / FEED stages of projects in the LNG and/or Oil & Gas industry and large onshore grass root projects.
- Degree qualified in Engineering or similar.
- The candidate must be able to interact with specialists and local companies.
- Experience in LNG Plant.
- Strong communications skills.
- Good teamwork, strong minded
- Fluent in English and IT Proficient.