LEAD SUPPLY MANAGER required by our client, to be hired on a contract basis, located in Boston, MA USA.
The primary objective of the role is to assist the O&M Lead in the pre-FC and readiness phases to prepare the project for operation.
- Ensuring all maintenance contracts are awarded and commenced to ensure project (800MW) is ready for operations. Expected excess of 30 contracts ranging from 50kUSD to 85m USD with a total accumulated value exceeding 120mUSD.
- Ensure the O&M requirements are delivered with a strong emphasis on health, safety, quality and environmental compliance.
- Coordination of O&M contract management resources.
- Manage the O&M interfaces with excess of 6 other multidisciplinary project teams including permitting team. and liaise with O&M team to prepare specifications, run tender processes and place contracts with relevant suppliers.
- Commercial risk management.
- To adhere to project program requirements.
- Lead the O&M Contracting Team to specify, tender and place all maintenance contracts required to operate and maintain the assets, including ensuring all pre-commencement obligations and milestones are met, contract commencement meetings are launched and smooth handover to the Site Operations Team.
- Develop the O&M contracting strategy, including the definition of the commercial strategy for each contract and market intelligence for tendering.
- Assist in the development and execution of the Operation and Maintenance Strategies.
- Develop and maintain strong relationship with all EPC packages to ensure that O&M requirements are communicated to and actioned by the project.
- Liaise with Permitting Team to ensure the operational requirements are identified and actioned.
- Provide inputs to OPEX/CAPEX:
- Regarding permitting commitments.
- Regarding the service contracts negotiated.
- Gather lessons learned from other operational projects and implement where appropriate to ensure continuous improvement within offshore operations and maintenance.
- Assist the O&M Lead to manage project interfaces to ensure Trading and Accreditation requirements are fulfilled in accordance with regulatory requirements on behalf of the project.
- Assist in the development and execution of the windfarm and transmission assets handover to the Site O&M Team.
- Identify, assess and recommend mitigations for readiness risks and raise these to the O&M Lead. In addition to the tasks outline above the individual shall also be required to carry out typical project management activities such as reporting, planning, risk management and resource management
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree qualification in Engineering or similar.
- Sound knowledge of Offshore Wind Operations and Maintenance.
- Experience, knowledge and understanding negotiation of commercial contracts.
- Good understanding of current H&S legislation applicable to offshore operations and electrical generation.
- Good knowledge of industry standards and offshore regulations.
- Experience of managing interfaces of multidisciplinary teams spread across multiple locations.
- Experience of developing and managing project programs and managing budgets and resources.
- Flexible to travel both in US and overseas.
- Ability to adapt quickly to a rapidly changing working environment and demonstrate a positive approach to change.
- Advanced user of Microsoft office applications.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills especially related to multicultural relationships.