ACCOUNTANT required by our client, to be hired on a permanent basis in Houston, Texas.
- Ensuring that all accounting processes comply with IFRS and company procedures and that accounting records correctly reflect the entity and project costs, assets and liabilities.
- Ensuring Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet reconciliations are completed monthly.
- Liaising with and providing internal financial support to Cost Centre Managers in order that they 'own' their budget and forecast submissions.
- Assisting with the preparation of budgets and forecasts.
- Reconciling and analyzing financial records as required.
- Assisting with tax compliance.
- Ensuring Client invoices are promptly issued in line with contractual arrangements and receivables are maintained to payment terms.
- Ensuring that all cash inflows & outflows are properly accounted for to reflect the status of the project's cash position.
- Consolidating regional financial results.
- Ensuring that all forecasts have been accurately assessed and confirmed with the Project Manager.
- Assisting in performing and monitoring Payroll tasks along with weekly and biweekly payroll.
- Bachelor's degree of Commerce or Accounting
- CPA qualified, or working towards completion
- A working knowledge of Accounting Standards
- Previous experience in an Oil and Gas environment
- Previous Oracle, or similar ERP, experience is desirable
- Experience with data-handling and manipulation
- (Microsoft Office), Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to see 'big picture' of organization