INTERFACE ENGINEER, required by our client, an international oil and gas Operator, to be hired on a contract basis, located in Noida, India.
- Manage and coordinate project interface engineering activities on a deepwater FPSO project in a safe, efficient, cost effective and timely manner.
- Act as primary technical co-ordination interface with Certifying Verification Authority (CVA) to ensure that their expectations are satisfied.
- Proactively resolve queries from the CVA as they arise.
- Ensure the project conforms to the customer's approved Basis of Design and all applicable regulatory and code requirements.
- Visibly support the clients Program and maintain HSE focus within the team to ensure HSE requirements included in all interface activities involving design, procurement and installation.
- Ensure the implementation of an effective risks and opportunities management system.
- Ensure the design and installation teams are aware of and comply with customer's requirements and applicable regulations and codes.
- Ensure clear lines of responsibility, clear split of scope of work, clear communication channels and decision-making processes throughout the project organization.
- Develop “team spirit” throughout the project for maximum understanding and ownership of project goals at all levels to enhance project performance.
- Interface with staff responsible for resolution of all technical interface issues with the CVA and ensure responses address the issues and are closed out in a timely manner
- Escalate issues if needed into systems or the product team leadership to resolve.
- Monitor the closure of all identified interfaces in the interface register and proactively search for other areas in the project which may require an interface in the future.
- Ensure compliance with requirements of the contract.
- Interfaces with various project team members to resolve issues which requires effective communication, initiative, flexibility and an ability to induce collaboration.
- Accurate, timely and effective reporting to the Interface Manager or his delegate.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree in Engineering
- Experience on offshore execution teams involving the delivery, installation and hookup of an FPSO /FPU will be of particular interest.
- Minimum 10 years' experience in offshore oil and gas industry
- Strong Coordination skills
- Strong and broad technical knowledge across most aspects of oil and gas development
- Sound knowledge of project execution processes and tools, including interface resolution
- Must have strong management and leadership skills and be capable of easily and productively working in a multi-cultural team environment.
- Ability to handle problems and difficult situations under pressure circumstances
- Dynamic and enthusiastic approach is essential
- Previous technical, practical and leadership experience in the FPSO/FPPU deepwater environment.