LEAD TOPSIDES INSTRUMENTS & CONTROLS ENGINEER required by our client, to be hired on a contract basis, located in Mumbai / New Delhi, India.
Reports to: Engineering Manager or Delegate
- Stewards all phases of instrumentation engineering to ensure that the Project's requirements, as detailed in the Technical Specifications, for all instrument engineering are executed per customer's needs and expectations
- Stewards instrumentation engineering aspects of the Project with other discipline leads as necessary
- Stewards the interfaces among the PMT and the EPC contractor's organization with respect to instrumentation to ensure quality design
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with applicable Codes and Standards within the boundaries of the Basis of Design
- Provide overall instrumentation engineering technical leadership and expertise
- Steward the EPC contractor's activities with respect to instrumentation including:
- Detail instrumentation engineering
- Review of instrumentation logic and loop diagrams
- Review of development and design of the I&C system
- Review of selection, specification and inspection of instrumentation components
- Review of procurement of tagged items including preparation of specifications, bid evaluations, bid tabulations, bid recommendations, etc.
- Provide input on instrumentation estimates for weight control report
- Review, evaluate, and advise:
- Instrument specifications, logic and loop diagrams
- Compliance with design methods and safety factors to be used in design of project. Reviews completed design for correctness, compliance and operability
- Operability of the unit for start-up, normal, turndown and shutdown modes. Reviews design basis for abnormal operating conditions
- Technical bid tabulations for instruments and instrumentation systems
- Provide input for shop tests and Factory Acceptance Tests (FATs), protocols and the events themselves
- Participate in I&C technical specification preparation and bid tabulations
- Participate in Hazardous Operations (HAZOP) reviews
- Supervise and coordinate personnel working on assigned projects.
- Manage project related internal and external communications with customers, suppliers and project personnel.
- Keep stakeholders informed with regular reporting on instrumentation progress
- Coordinate between designers, procurement and logistics personnel
- Safety - Responsible for personal safety--safe working practices for the position and reports, etc.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Instrument & Controls engineering experience on FPSO/FPU execution teams
- Experience in planning and management of others is desirable.
- Degree in Engineering
- Minimum 15 years' experience in offshore oil and gas industry with a focus on leading the I&C discipline on offshore and FPSO/FPU projects
- Strong and broad technical knowledge across most aspects of offshore oil and gas development
- Sound knowledge of I&C engineering processes and tools
- Must have strong management and leadership skills and be capable of easily and productively working in a multi-cultural team environment.
- Ability to handle problems and difficult situations under pressure circumstances
- Dynamic and enthusiastic approach is essential