OFFSHORE SUBSTATION FABRICATION INSPECTOR required by our client, to be hired on a contract basis, located in Singapore.
- Site representation at fabrication yard in relation to coordination and supervision of activities during fabrication e.g. quality control and inspection activities.
- Comply with the Clients' Offshore guidelines, standards and requirements, as well as local requirements
- Liaise with the Fabrication Manager on all quality matters and agree on inspection scope
- Ensure (inspect) that the structural fabrication and mechanical systems (piping, crane, passive fire walls) is made in accordance with Employers requirements incl. specifications and standard regarding;
- Fabrication of Jacket and Topside
- Sea fastening
- Offshore welding of topside module to the jacket structure
- Support the Fabrication Manager in monitoring the Progress of Contractor and their Sub-Contractor steel works and surface treatment according to Programme and milestones.
- Identify issues for certifying body inspections
- Identify interfaces, risk and report those to the Fabrication Manager.
- Contribute actively to evaluation of the project and capture lessons learnt throughout the project.
- Review of Employers Requirements and design drawings
- Review the contractor's procedures ITP, WPS, PQP, NDE and coating to follow up in Contractors workshop.
- Review of Employers Spot check of workshop drawings and Contractors red-line mark up
- Participating in discipline kick-off meetings if relevant
- Support Fabrication Mgr. in participation in witness -, hold points inspection and FAT as agreed in the Contractors ITP
- Provide practical input to and follow up on implementation of fabrication relevant communication; Technical Queries (TQ), Communication notes (CN)
- Raise and give input to non-conformities (NC)
- Spot check of Contractors material inspection
- Verification of welders' certification, preparation and use of WPS by performing spot check.
- Spot check of Contractors NDT of welding performance, NDT equipment and NDT reporting.
- Verification of NDT operator's certification by spot check.
- Final inspections of steel work before surface treatment / preparation incl. Contractors documentation
- Dimensional checks of structure incl. check of position, dim. of profiles and tolerances
- Spot check of coating: coating facilities, Inspection during coating process, paint reports and cathodic protection.
- Spot check on Surface protection on jacket and Topside.
- Support DE HSE with general supervision of HSE on site. Review to the Contractors as-built documentation
- Digital Inspection covering general visual QC observation; material inspection, traceability, weld preparation, welder's certification, WPS, NDT and surface treatment etc.
- Digital inspection to covering accepted TQs
- Digital inspection covering participation in Witness or holdpoints
- FAT reports
- Weekly status reports
- Final Punch list for taking over
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Fluently in English verbally and in writing.
- Recommended +8 years of practical as well as theoretical experience within offshore and/or steel construction or familiar with Topside and Jacket steel fabrication and inspection, NDT and coating such as: IWI / IWS International Welding Inspector / Specialist, IWT / IWE International Welding Technician / Welding Engineer and Frosio light.
- Technically strong, adaptable, works well in teams, strong communication abilities, good English skills both writing and verbal.