PROCESS SAFETY ENGINEER required by our client, to be hired on a contract basis, located in Houston, Texas, USA.
- The Technical Safety Engineer plans and supervises Technical Safety work elements to ensure continuous improvement with adherence to HSE regulations and Client requirements for Proposals and Projects and Implements the HSE Management System and programs into the technical safety design for projects for the following phases of a project: proposal, engineering, procurement, construction/fabrication, commissioning and handover.
- Ensures that the Project complies with the Global Process Safety requirements and Client HSE requirements for facility design as well as meeting good industry practices and governing regulatory requirements.
- Implements project stage technical safety reviews to ensure that the HSE design meet or exceed performance requirements of the client, the project, the client, as well as governing regulatory requirements.
- Manages formal safety assessments including HAZIDs, HAZOPs, QRA, Safety Case, and other Project of applicable regulatory requirements related to technical safety.
- Provides proposal support including cost estimates and plans for technical safety work scope.
- Supports project management in the selection and assessment of technical safety staff/consultants for the project.
- Coordinates technical safety project activities with Corporate/Client Operations staff for transition of facilities to operations. Assists Corporate Division HSE Manager and Corporate Operations HSE Manager as requested for the client owned/operated project facilities.
- Supports the review of Process Flow Diagrams for Safety in Design compliance and works closely with Process engineering for safety in design.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in chemical engineering or HSE Management, Environmental Management, Engineering or related field.
- A minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience in the development, and implementation of Health, Safety and Environmental programs into technical safety for the project life cycle.