RIGHT OF WAY AGENT required by our client, to be hired on a permanent basis, located in Utah, USA.
- Performs all aspects of right-of-way and real estate related activities necessary to maintain and protect company's property rights.
- Negotiates favourable terms to various land and right-of-way related agreements secured on behalf of the company, including the acquisition, relinquishment and modification of easements, fee land purchases, franchise & permit rights, encroachments resolution and the settlements of damage claims.
- Identify land ownership from both company and public records.
- Researches, reviews, and analyses land titles; identify defects and outline curative.
- Negotiates the acquisition of right-of-way and other property interests, as necessary to accommodate the construction, operation, maintenance of company facilities, in such a manner to minimize litigation.
- Negotiates property damage settlements and loss claims associated with capital projects and day-to-day pipeline operations necessary to maintain company facilities.
- Manages budgetary aspects of costs associated with the aforementioned negotiations, to maintain department and project expectations.
- Prepares right-of-way related cost estimates associated with land and right-of-way project acquisition.
- Secures civil permits necessary for the construction and maintenance of company facilities.
- Reviews, prepares, analyses, interprets all Land and Right-of-Way related agreements, deeds, easements, leases, permits & licenses.
- Serves as liaison between internal departments, developers, cities, counties, etc., in support of right-of-way activities.
- Resolves encroachments, damage claims, landowner complaints and inquiries at a minimal cost to company.
- Coordinates with other support functions (i.e. regulatory, outreach, engineering, operations, legal, third party contractors, construction and environmental) to ensure successful and timely completion of project objectives.
- Consistently maintains and demonstrates a high regard for personal safety, for the safety of company assets, employees, and the public.
- Must have a minimum of 5-8 years' experience in performing all aspects of land and right-of-way, with a minimum of 5 years direct experience in the pipeline industry working.
- Knowledgeable in all aspects of right-of-way, including project management, acquisition, title, permitting, budgeting, cost forecasting, operation, due diligence, public relations, community outreach and solid understanding of general regulatory and legal issues.
- Understanding of right of way needs from wellhead to delivery to distribution systems, including gathering facilities, midstream assets and transmission facilities.
- A satisfactory driving record as determined by the Company and a current, valid State driver's license are required.
- If the employee is subject to license or certification requirements or training as stipulated by local, state or federal agencies or the Company, now or in the future, compliance is required under this job description.
- Organisational skills and the ability to prioritize tasks are essential.
- Must be a problem solver with the ability to find resolutions.
- Must be self-motivated and capable of working with minimal supervision and/or direction.
- Must be flexible and able to work effectively in a team environment and consistently maintain a professional and respectful demeanor/attitude with co-workers, clients, vendors, and regulatory agencies.
- Well-balanced interpersonal skills and strong verbal and written communications skills are required.
- Must be accountable and take direction from Managers; keep required work schedules, which include regular and predictable job attendance; focus attention on details; follow work rules.
- Proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Excel, Word, Project, and Outlook.
- Employee must be physically capable of completing and satisfying all training requirements as stipulated by local, state or federal agencies and/or Company Policy.
- Some overtime required, and extended work hours based upon departmental work load
- May be required to travel 30 - 40%, including overnight stays for several days.
- Majority of the work will be conducted from an office environment. Extended periods of sitting may be required for administrative activities.
- Will provide leadership and guidance to third party contract right-of-way agents to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures as appropriate.
- Knowledge on right of way, survey, engineering and design.
- Above the minimum requirement; not required but advantageous in this position:
- Knowledgeable of Midstream land issues.