PROJECT MANGER required by our client, to be hired on a contract basis, located in Houston, Texas, USA.
- Management of all phases of program and project activities that range from small to large in value and a variety of scopes that include engineering, applied science, procurement, construction and /or operations.
- Directs preparation of work plans, supervises project teams, and manages project scope, budget and schedule.
- They are in the final stages of securing a new tanker conversion project and an FPSO project. This will require two Project Managers to be based in Houston, then move to determined location for conversion work which will be decided at later date.
- Responsible for all phases of planning and execution on large projects as defined by significant potential risk, complexity, manpower requirements and/or contract value (typically greater than $100 million).
- May have responsibility for multiple projects.
- Establishes and monitors project safety and quality programs.
- Plans, organizes, coordinates, and controls projects in accordance with the established policies, procedures, systems, and requirements.
- Supervises project personnel through subordinate leaders.
- Supports business development activities and may serve as a proposal manager.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- In addition to Levels 1 and 2 competencies, provides leadership to Managers within a function or region (Level 2); may also manage first-line supervisors and/or professional staff
- Develops financial and operational objectives within own area. Ensures operational plans are aligned with business objectives
- Contributes to functional strategy development. Has in-depth functional expertise and broad business knowledge
- Applies managerial expertise to achieve financial and operational objectives within own area
- Develops relationships with key internal/external customers to identify emerging needs
- Anticipates demands to align operational priorities
- Manages resources to ensure financial objectives are met within own area
- Resolves complex problems that have implications beyond own area
- Develops operational plans to align with business objectives within own area/function
- Influences customer and/or organizational leadership to accomplish operational objectives
- Manages the performance of employees through goal setting, ongoing assessment and coaching. Typically has 3 - 20 years relevant experience.