PROJECT CONTROLS MANAGER required by our Client, to be assigned on a Permanent basis, located in Houston, TX.
- The Project Controls Manager provides leadership and departmental direction over the entire Project Controls Team for ongoing and upcoming projects/prospects and maintains an effective and competent Project Controls System throughout the project life cycle.
- Sets up, monitors, manages both departmental (e.g. Project Controls) and individual goals (e.g. Project Controls individuals) to be in line with Corporate/Project goals;
- Develops, supervises, monitors, and safeguards successful Project Control System and Standards to ensure that the Project Controls Team follows corporate policies as well as other project controls procedures applied. Ensures that tracking and reporting tools are consistent with Corporate/Project requirements in order to meet financial goals, project milestones and overall objectives.
- Overseas and safeguards existing project related procedures and policy, standard terms and conditions, work instructions, communications, tracking methods and tools and recommends /implements improvements or updates in order to meet project and management directives and current and future business requirements.
- Formulates a common format for Corporate Management and Project Management to define and report Corporate/Project Performance Objectives, Requirements or Milestones. Supports the Project Team by assuring that all important aspects of the project (such as, adherence to scope, milestones, budget and schedule, manpower and equipment utilization, team morale, logistical issues, etc.) are monitored and communicated to the proper Team Member(s).
- Provides assistance to Project Team to ascertain cause of significant deviations from planned performance, requirements and/or milestones.
- Assists in the development of action plans to correct unfavourable performance or to take advantage of unusually favourable performance trends.
- Develops a competent Project Controls workforce. Assigns, manages proper staffing for each project in the areas of Cost Controlling, Planning/Scheduling, and Document Controls. Establishes performance criteria for Project Controls staff. Oversees, coordinates and coaches Project Controls Staff to ensure that requisite performance criteria are met.
- Ensures that the Project Controls System addresses resource conflicts individually and between projects, lead times for resources and equipment deliverables as well as scheduling of same in order to meet all project requirements and company/management directives.
- Establishes and supervises a control system to evaluate, monitor, track, forecast and report project costs, cash flow, percent complete, project status and accounting.
- Maintains and suggests improvement in a common set of terms and conditions to be used for project related requests for quotations, contracting/subcontracting, and/or procurement activities.
- Ensures implements and compliance with common policies and procedures to ensure the timely preparation/submission of customer invoices, status of collections and reporting.
- Ensures implements and compliance with change order administration and cost development including visibility, status tracking/reporting, acceptance status, and resolution of aging, unresolved or unaccepted change orders.
- Establishes / implements common policies and procedures for development of project costs and achievable resource and delivery schedules. Ensures that the terms and conditions are scaleable to meet each usage situation's size, criticality, contractual/financial/logistical risk potential and other related considerations.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field, finance/accounting, commercial, and management with MBA degree preferred.
- Fifteen to twenty years of project controls experience with direct involvement in departmental management, project engineering, procurement and construction of major offshore capital projects (e.g. FPSO/FSO/Semi/Jack-ups/TLP etc.);
- Must have good working knowledge of budget preparation and cost controls;
- Working knowledge on oil & gas related projects covering Project Management, Engineering, Procurement, Fabrication & Construction, HSE and Quality Assurance (including ISO principles); Customs, Government/Industry Regulations and Traffic; Offshore Installations and Operations; Customer and Vendor Contract and Sub-Contract Development, Review, Administration and Negotiation.