ELECTRICITY SOURCING SPECIALIST required by our client, to be hired on a permanent basis in Houston, TX.
- Electricity Sourcing Analyst: Position will utilize industry knowledge and analytic skills to enhance current electricity program initiatives and identify opportunities to optimize operations and contracts to reduce costs.
- The position will be essential in supporting a companywide electricity management program and will have the ability to shape and influence overall program strategy.
- Systematically perform high-level audit and analysis of electric invoices, contracts and tariffs.
- Audit electricity invoices of more complicated rate structures to ensure billing accuracy.
- Analyse interval data and assist sites with managing on peak/off peak usage to reduce demand/4CP charges.
- Identify more cost-effective tariffs offered by utilities and cooperatives.
- Provide insightful analysis on trends and pursue opportunities presented from internal & external data
- Assist in building bid packages for new energy supply contracts.
- Perform value analysis and cost modelling of electricity efficiency projects.
- Demand Response: Engage operations to understand usage patterns and utilization forecasts.
- Participate in the development of standard operating procedures with minimal supervision
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain Management or related discipline is preferred.
- Experience / specific knowledge:
- 3-5 years of experience with a competitive electric supplier or regulated utility/cooperative.
- Above average knowledge of electricity markets, including ERCOT, PJM, MISO and NYISO.
- Working knowledge of the language, terms, and conditions of contracts entered for the purchase of power.
- Advanced analytical skills
- Ability to work independently with little direction
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Possess ability to influence business decisions and procedures.
- Title and Compensation commensurate with experience