CIVIL CONSTRUCTION MANAGER required by our client, to be hired on a contract basis, located Taichung, Taiwan.
- Responsible for daily managing, planning and coordinating of the civil construction works for O&M facilities and port infrastructure in Taichung.
- Includes interface management of design consultant, site supervision organization, principal contractor, port authorities and EPC project packages.
- Responsible for Health, Safety and Environment as well as Quality on the construction site. Implement and establish a safety and quality culture amongst all involved parties on site in line with the project's and QHSE strategy and QHSE requirements.
- Ensure completion of the construction works on time, budget and in quality (build in accordance with specifications agreed in contract) and ensure complete and smooth handover of the works to and the internal package as well as to external parties.
- Proactive management, good cooperation, communication, reporting, identification, coordination and securing of interfaces, including alignment of scope of work and deliverables.
- Chairing/participating kick off-, progress-, project- and coordination meetings (with internal and external parties).
- Report and communicate (day-to-day, weekly, monthly) HSE, (DPR) progress, risks, quality and budget to the Civil Project Manager, supported by analysis and potential corrective actions when required.
- Support Civil Project Manager and other relevant project parties with relevant communication and solution findings e.g. Technical Queries (TQ), Communication Forms (CF), Non-Conformance/Compliance Reports (NCR).
- Ensure that all relevant parties are informed of all relevant changes.
- Implement Site Management Manual, including organization, roles and responsibilities, meeting structure, KPI's, plans and procedures.
- Participate/organize regular HSE and Quality inspections on site in cooperation with the QHSE team, site supervision management, principal contractor and other relevant parties.
- Engage with principal contractor and site supervision management to create HSE gap analysis and subsequently HSE improvement plan.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Recommended 3 -5 years of documented experience within construction management of onshore activities
- In large scale construction projects as well, same type of construction work within country of installation.
- Recommended 3 -5 years of documented leadership experience and experience within HSE management
- Mandarin Level 4/5
- English Level 4/5