DISTRICT MANAGER required by our client, to be hired on a permanent basis in Kilgore, Texas.
This job description is a basic explanation of the responsibilities, duties, and functions for the Supervisor's position. This description is subject to change at any time, depending on the requirements of the company's operations and management's needs. A Supervisor shall have successfully completed training and qualification criteria in the associated NOE discipline for which he or she is hired and shall perform assigned field work.
- A Supervisor is responsible for training technicians in the use of client techniques, methods and devices.
- A Supervisor is responsible for understanding all policies and regulations regarding client technologies.
- A Supervisor is responsible for examining processes and methods in connection with customer
- concerns and issues. He is responsible for giving recommendations on customer concerns to the technical department.
- A client Supervisor is responsible for completing the staff of technicians, imposing rules and implementing compliance in terms of following guidelines and practices. He is responsible for evaluating each technician under his team and issuing disciplinary action if needed.
- He is responsible for educating himself in the latest technology in client testing by joining group seminars and trainings.
- He supports the Level III Inspector/President of the company where he is employed by applying concepts in improvement and excellence in management.
- Understand and perform MT, UT, PT, and/or visual inspection techniques according to defined procedures, as applied to pipe and pipe used in the oil and gas industry.
- Establish techniques for proper examination of objects under inspection, ensuring strict adherence to safety regulations.
- Have an appropriate knowledge of all of the basic principles of the quality system and its application within the Technician's area of work.
- Serve as team member in the dedication to a quality and safety-oriented culture, focusing upon enhancing internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Directly work with certain functions within the organization's operations, including inspection and testing and administrative personnel, management, and customers.
- Have adequate product knowledge and practical applications.
- Apply testing criteria in accordance with applicable specifications or standards and evaluate results.
- Be competent in reading and interpreting customer, company, and industry specifications, operating procedures and work instructions, equipment manuals, and other technical documents.
- May instruct and supervise others.
- Provide customer support by assisting in technical information sharing, problem resolution, and order coordination.
- Provide customer service by resolving customer complaints and addressing other concerns as necessary.
- Monitor and report to management any system discrepancies or opportunities for improvement
- regarding in-house and field operations which may provide continuous improvement to the system.
- Be competent in the use of computers including software such as Microsoft Word and Excel, as required for certain inspection reports and assigned by the Supervisor.
- Be expected to effectively and professionally communicate, verbally and in written form, with customers, vendors, management, and other co-workers in order to perform the duties of this position.
- Understand and perform the processes as described in the position's written operating procedures and work instructions.
- Must have a consistent presence at work.
- Perform other job-related tasks as assigned by management.
- Actively participate in client programs, planning, strategy sessions, safety initiatives, incident investigations etc. as required.
- Conduct tests to ensure quality or detect discontinuities (defects) using client methods of inspection.
- Conduct NOE inspections using the proper methods and techniques as provided by the company and/or customer.
- Collect, record, and evaluate inspection data according to defined acceptance criteria in order to determine the usability of customer products.
- Use and maintain appropriate measuring and test equipment in performing various types of NOE.
- Organize and prepare inspection reports for all field work that is performed.
- Properly identify and maintain control of all inspected product during all stages of inspection, including nonconforming product.
- Perform preventive maintenance on M& TE, company trucks, and other equipment as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Support the Supervisor as requested in training Helpers and Level I Technicians according to company protocol.
- Operate company equipment in a responsible and safe manner and report all problems or concerns to the Supervisor or Quality Manager immediately.
- Use appropriate PPE and follow all company and customer safety policies while performing work at customer sites.
- Conduct company business as directed by the company's management and further develop the system in accordance with the company's mission and quality objectives and goals.
- always Travel as necessary to conduct work and company business and represent the company in a professional manner.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Some college preferred.
- Level II Certification.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively perform assigned client tasks and interpret results of inspections.
- Standing, walking, sitting, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, reaching, handling, fingering, feeling, talking, hearing, visual acuity, accommodation, and colour vision.
- Moving, carrying, lifting objects more than 60 lbs.
- Climbing and working off ladders, stairs, and scaffolding more than 100 ft.
- Working extended hours and standing for extended periods of time.
- Work in both cold and hot climates.
- Work in or near industrial hazards.