OFFSHORE STRUCTURAL ENGINEER required by our client to be hired, on a contract basis, located in New Dheli, India.
Reports to: Engineering Manager or Delegate
- Stewards all phases of structural engineering to ensure that the Project's requirements, as detailed in the Technical Specifications, for all structural engineering are executed per customer's needs and expectations.
- Stewards structural engineering aspects of the Project with other discipline leads as necessary
- Stewards the interfaces among the PMT and the EPC contractor's organization with respect to structural to ensure quality design.
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with applicable Codes and Standards within the boundaries of the Basis of Design.
- Provide overall structural engineering technical leadership and expertise
- Steward the EPC contractor's activities with respect to structural including:
- Structural specifications and drawings
- Compliance with design methods and safety factors to be used in design of project
- Reviews completed design for correctness, compliance, and operability
- Provide input on structural estimates for weight control report
- Review, evaluate and advise:
- Development and design of the structural elements to meet the Project's performance requirements
- Development of dynamic structural models
- Selection, specification, and inspection of structural components
- Procurement of structural items including preparation of specifications, bid evaluations, bid tabulations, bid recommendations, etc.
- Participate in structural technical specification preparation and bid tabulations
- Participate in Hazardous Operations (HAZOP) reviews (as required)
- Supervise and coordinate personnel working on assigned projects
- Manage project related internal and external communications with customers, suppliers and project personnel
- Keep stakeholders informed with regular reporting on structural progress
- Coordinate between designers, procurement and logistics personnel
- Safety - Responsible for personal safety--safe working practices for the position and reports,
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Structural engineering experience on FPSO/FPU execution teams
- Experience in planning and management of others is desirable
- Degree in Engineering
- Minimum 15 years' experience in offshore oil and gas industry with a focus on leading the structural discipline on offshore and FPSO/FPU projects
- Strong and broad technical knowledge across most aspects of offshore oil and gas development
- Sound knowledge of structural engineering processes and tools
- Must have strong management and leadership skills and be capable of easily and productively working in a multi-cultural team environment.
- Ability to handle problems and difficult situations under pressure circumstances
- Dynamic and enthusiastic approach is essential