Director of construction required by our client, to be assigned on a Permanent basis, located in Houston
Your strong commercial acumen will assist you in delivering sound, cost effective solutions to construction challenges. Whilst your experience in large scale midstream oil & gas projects and your ability to think outside the box will help in providing unique solutions to our Clients.
You will use your proven leadership skills to influence and guide our client Construction teams in line with our client's Principles and Safety Culture.
- Overall responsibility for all Client construction projects & personnel.
- Adhere to our client's Principles which includes achieving Zero Harm to our people, the environment, and the communities in which we work.
- Responsible for establishing, implementing, and monitoring our client's processes, systems and tools.
- Being responsible for the provisioning of construction expertise and management of construction resources for the development of construction related deliverables.
- Support and provide credibility with our customers for our client's self-perform construction model.
- Managing the execution of construction methodologies, strategies and plans in accordance with program/project construction systems and standards
- Monitoring project construction progress, and in particular the critical path, in conjunction with the Project Manager.
- Provisioning of Construction input into the management of the execution schedule, cost and to deliver the project's scope of work.
- Driving best value decision making to ensure projects move forward on site, minimising delays and setbacks in the drive to attain Project KPI's
- Provides key inputs into the estimates and supports our client's sales and precontract efforts.
- Ensure all construction related licenses are held for the area where we do business.
- EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Large scale brownfields and greenfields execution environment
- Excellent leadership skills
- Commercial acumen
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Leading by example; hold yourself and others accountable and coach others in “Safety Leadership”