DIRECTOR OF SUPPLY CHAIN required by our client, to be hired on a permanent basis in Houston, Texas.
As the Director Supply Chain / Commercial you will use your extensive knowledge of the local and global supply market to initially support supply chain management input to tender for new work with the prospect to be placed on an awarded project in the future.
- Represent the supply chain management function during tender kick off, periodic review, operations review and final estimate meetings.
- Identifies supply chain management scope for the work being tendered.
- Utilize market knowledge to identify potential suppliers.
- Interface with engineering team for the timely issue of scopes of work and associated documents for equipment and material packages to be issued for pricing.
- Prepares commercial templates and issues requests for quotation for each identified equipment and materials package utilizing our client e-request for quote system.
- Manages all bid clarifications between our client and suppliers.
- Tracks progress of all bid responses and works with the estimating team to formulate final price and schedule for each package.
- Provides input to supply chain management plans, logistics plans, local content plans etc as required for return with tenders.
- Approximately ten years' experience in a Supply Chain Manager / Senior Buyer role supporting the tendering and delivery of major and intermediate midstream oil and gas projects.
- Exposure to lump sum fixed price engineering construction management projects.
- Commercial astuteness with a reasonable understanding of commercial terms and associated commercial risk.
- Experience with bid clarification and preparation of request for quote packages.
- Experience in expediting equipment packages and associated documentation from award through to final delivery.
- Practical experience with materials management systems, with SPMAT experience being a clear advantage.
- Strong time management and negotiation skills.