PROJECT MANAGER required by our client, to be hired on a permanent basis in Houston, Texas.
As a Houston based professional Project Manager will be instrumental in supporting our client's Vision & Mission which includes establishing our first-class engineering and project delivery services and solutions in North American markets.
- Drive project ownership and accountability through seamless progression of project execution responsibilities including project plan estimate and schedule development gate approval, detail engineering, procurement, field execution, facility start up, operation turnover, and project close outs.
- Full oversight and management of projects with a focus on safety, design quality, budget, schedule, and change management process compliance.
- Compliance to all client specifications as part of project development and detailed engineering activities.
- Contractor management and performance oversight to ensure scope expectations are achieved (Engineering / Construction).
- Execution alignment with project development and project controls groups.
- Interface between project group and business units to support progression and completion of business team related project deliverables.
- Overall development and ownership of field quality execution plan to support construction activities.
- Develop and implement project management systems that will become a part of the our client North America offering to clients.
- Support business development activities by establishing project execution credibility with our customers.
- Willingness to get into project specific details and wear multiple hats while our client is establishing itself in North America.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and plus ten years' experience in project management or engineering / construction management.
- Project management experience in the energy sector specifically petrochemical, refining, midstream and/or LNG will be well regarded.
- Multi-discipline experience including knowledge of the reciprocal effects of the work upon other disciplines (process, civil/structural, instrumentation, electrical, mechanical, piping).
- Working knowledge of planning and control methods.
- General understanding of regulatory standards and design criteria.
- Proficiency in a variety of standard project management methods and techniques.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong organizational, leadership and teamwork skills.