Estimator required by our client, to be assigned on a Permanent basis, located in Houston
As Estimator with the Client you will be primarily responsible for ensuring the accuracy of estimates prepared and validated through benchmark standards.
- Carry out quantity take offs from engineering drawings.
- Calculate labour rates, productivity factors through insightful market assessments.
- Prepare and coordinate with the procurement function to achieve effective subcontract pricing.
- Participate in estimate review meetings, prepare presentations to management for approval and complete client tender documents / pricing schedules for final submission.
- Assisting with construction schedule and cash flows.
- Review contract requirements and attend site visits where required.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Plus five years experience in estimating projects / tenders in engineering or construction environments. Oil and gas experience is well regarded.
- Demonstrated experience with establishing direct and indirect costs and qualifying estimates.
- Ability to work as part of a team, handle multiple complex tasks simultaneously and work to agreed schedules and time frames.
- Technical and commercial acumen to write qualifications associated to accompany tender submissions.
- Advanced skill in Excel and other estimating software required to build direct and indirect cost estimates.
- Strong attention to detail and relationship building skills.
- Travel (international and national) may be required on a short term basis.