Engineering Manager required by our client, to be assigned on a Permanent basis, located in Houston
This Houston based Engineering Manager will be instrumental in supporting our client's Vision & Mission which includes establishing our first class engineering and project delivery services and solutions in North American markets.
- Lead and develop the Electrical discipline, multi-office engineering team.
- Ensure all engineering projects, initiatives, and processes are in conformance with our client's Pursuit of Excellence values.
- Ensure safety, quality, construct ability are at the forefront of all designs.
- Support mergers and acquisitions activities including assessment, due diligence and integration.
- Support business development activities by establishing technical credibility with our customers, providing input into the estimate, supporting proposal development and performing technical reviews of subcontractor and vendor packages.
- Willingness to get into project specific details, particularly at the beginning of the assignment, while our client is establishing itself in North America. This includes performing engineering and design tasks as necessary.
- Monitor and forecast future workload and ensure suitable engineering resources are available.
- Identify employee numbers and expertise required to suit project opportunities and recruit staff accordingly.
Plus fifteen years of relevant, industry experience in oil & gas primarily LNG, midstream and/or petrochemicals.
Minimum five years of engineering management experience.
Bachelors Degree in Engineering - Preferably Electrical Engineering.
Prior experience in construction, construction management, maintenance or operations roles would be well regarded.
Licensed Professional Engineer will be well regarded.
Deep knowledge of the managed sub-function and solid knowledge of the overall departmental function.
Excellent communication and people management skills.
Experience in the management of large, multi-discipline projects and teams.
Detailed knowledge and experience of 3D intelligent design and project delivery systems and procedures.
Detailed knowledge of U.S., Canada and applicable international codes and standards and statutory requirements.
Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety, Quality, Human Resources and Industrial Relations requirements and principles.
- EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS