INSPECTOR TRAINEE required by our client, to be hired on a permanent basis in Midland, Texas.
The Inspector Trainee is responsible for assisting certified personnel in performing non-destructive testing of customer material while learning required skills towards certification.
- Properly handle customer materials using fork lifts and loaders
- Safely load and unload customer product into inspection tanks
- Read and interpret inspection procedures
- Use PC based computer software to run inspection equipment, retrieve inspection information
- and document Work Order information
- Use basic math to calculate inspection parameters
- Make mechanical and electronic adjustments to inspection systems to meet inspection
- Fill out inspection reports
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks, as directed
- Trainees should be able to: Maintain a clean, organized, safe work station at all times.
- Lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Stand for one or more hours at a time.
- Reliably report to their work stations on time as scheduled
- Willing to travel for work assignments
- Trainees will be asked to perform other ancillary duties as needed
- High school diploma OR GED Certificate necessary.
- Training or Experience in non-destructive testing preferred, but not required.
- Possess a strong work ethic and high level of integrity
- Possess good communication, organizational and observational skills.
- Proficient problem-solving skills with good judgment and decision making.
- Ability to complete daily work assignments and stay on schedule.
- Great attention to detail for completeness and accuracy.
- Possess strong math and analytical skills.
- A working knowledge of MS Office applications preferred.