SENIOR MECHANICAL ENGINEER required by our client, to be assigned on a Permanent basis, located in Houston, USA
Our client is seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join the engineering team developing the project. This position will follow the project from the early EPC phase through to start up, commissioning and operations. Location of work will initially be in the client and EPC office within the Houston area before relocating to the terminal site in Brownsville as the project progresses.
- Must be able to interface and respond to RFIs from internal stakeholders and EPC contractor and their sub-contractors.
- $2022;Serve as client mechanical engineering subject matter expert during the construction, commissioning, start up and operation phases of the RGLNG project.
- Ensure robust and adequate equipment preservation programs are developed and executed.
- Work directly with original equipment manufacturers for support models such as Long-Term Service Agreement.
- Assist in the development of condition-based monitoring programs such as system one.
- Assist and review of producing mechanical data sheets/drawings, material requisitions, technical evaluations and commodity specifications
- Experience of layout reviews to ensure equipment is installed in a safe, maintainable manner.
- Ensure the EPC contractor delivers mechanical equipment in accordance with standards, specifications, FEED design and contractual requirements.
- Work with the Engineering team to ensure the overall design is safe, fit for purpose and will operate to name plate design.
- Develop and implement equipment availability and reliably programs.
- Ensure that the project is executed in accordance with the organization's safety regulations, with quality conformance and within schedule.
- Ensure efficient communication with EPC, other company engineering staff, operational and maintenance team members,
- Provide thorough and efficient engineering documentation review, comments and follow-ups required.
- Take part in internal technical reviews (HAZOPs, Model Reviews etc.)
- Take part in FATs as required.
- Provide input for safe SIMOPS operations.
- Participate in commissioning activities such as walk-downs, inspections and PSSR.
- Travel in this role is anticipated to be around 25%. Eventual international travel will be required
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong working knowledge and experience as a mechanical engineer for an LNG and/or petrochemical company owner or EPC/Contractor.
- Working knowledge and ability to effectively analyse, organize and execute work to successful completion.
- Must be able to ensure deliverables are accurate and delivered in a timely manner.
- Lead Engineer experience within the O&G/Refinery industries
- Must have strong aptitude for the ability to understanding drawings such as PFD's, P&ID's, cause and effects of complex packages, mechanical and rotating equipment/machines in addition to their control systems.
- Skills must include the understanding of the design, specification and operations of rotating equipment, including the preparation, and start-up of rotating equipment (per API or equivalent standards).
- Must be able to clearly understand data sheets and plant design specifications.
- Must have a background of the design, installation and operation of Rotating Machinery Packages such as Centrifugal Compressors, Gas Turbines, Dry Gas Seals, Process Pumps, Mechanical Seals, and Lubrication Systems. Experience in Weight/Footprint/Noise Reduction and Modularization.
- Working knowledge of pipeline pumps and compressors.
- Experience with Rotating Equipment design engineering studies/analysis/deliverables like Thermodynamic, Aerodynamic, Rotor dynamic Analysis reports, Technical Bid Evaluation, Material specification, Specialty component like bearings and seal specification, driver/coupling data sheets, Equipment layout, Compressor Dynamic Simulation, Reciprocating Machines Pulsation analysis, (Static and Dynamic analysis, Vibration analysis, Condition monitoring, and Performance analysis,) and Rotating Equipment auxiliary seal and lube oil system design and operation Must have a working knowledge in the specifications, operation and maintenance of pumps, (positive displacement, screw, metering, and multi-stage, axial and reciprocating compressors, fans, and blowers.
- Understanding of LNG processing such as gas conditioning, heat exchangers and refrigeration.
- Champion and have clear understanding of Management of Change (MOC) requirements and processes.
- Must be able to lead root cause analyst investigations.
- Preferably having a strong working knowledge of GE Frame 7 turbines.
- Conversant with International codes & standards (API, ASME ANSI, ISO)
- Good working knowledge of static mechanical equipment. Including a working knowledge of Pressure vessel and heat exchanger design.
- Ensure RAM analysis reliability and availability target are met.
- Have general knowledge of environmental requirements such as NOX, CO and benzene emissions.
- Must have a suitable Engineering degree, and be Texas Professional Engineering certified or able to demonstrate experience relevant to attain
- At least 10 years in a similar role at an EPC Contractor or Operator
- Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) is a plus
- Ability to travel as and when required