SENIOR BUYER required by our client, to be hired on a contract basis in Houston, Texas.
- Represents the Supply Chain Management (SCM) function during tender Kick-Off, periodic review, Operations review and final estimate meetings.
- Identifies SCM scope for the work being tendered
- Utilises market knowledge to identify potential Suppliers
- Interface with Engineering team for the timely issue of Scopes of Work and associated documents for equipment and materials packages to be issued for pricing
- Prepares commercial templates and issues Requests for Quotation for each identified equipment and materials package utilising Clients e-RFQ system.
- Manages all bid clarifications between Client and Suppliers
- Tracks progress of all bid responses and works with the Estimating team to formulate final price and schedule for each package
- Provides input to Supply Chain Management plans, Logistics Plans, Local Content Plans etc as required for return with tenders.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a Senior Buyer role supporting the tendering and delivery of major and intermediate midstream oil and gas projects
- Exposure to lump sum fixed price EPC projects
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Commercial astuteness with a reasonable understanding of commercial terms and conditions and associated commercial risk
- Experience with bid clarification and preparation of RFQ packages
- Experience in expediting equipment packages and associated documentation from award through to final delivery
- Experience working with a Supply Chain team and Engineering leads
- Practical experience with materials management systems, with SPMAT experience being a clear advantage
- Strong time management skills