CIVIL AND BUILDING CONSTRUCTION MANAGER required by our client, to be hired on a permanent basis, located in Lake Charles, Louisiana, USA.
Oil & Gas
- The Civil and Building Construction Manager is responsible for all client oversight and coordination of civil and building construction activities.
- He or she will ensure that building construction works, underground utilities installation, piles installation, foundation works, storm wall and birth wall installation are performed according to the erection schedules and project documents with special attention to the assigned cost budget, quality & safety procedures, as well as the terms and conditions of all subcontracts.
- Review cost estimates, budgets, and work Schedules.
- Interpret and explain technical information to other professionals.
- Report work progress and schedule or budget matters.
- Collaborate with architects, engineers, and other construction specialists.
- Review and ensure coordination is in place with subcontractor activities.
- Respond to work delays, emergencies, and other problems.
- Comply with legal requirements, building and safety codes, and other regulations.
- Prior to the start of works, review work packages or method statements submitted by the EPC or sub-contractor to ensuring their correct application on the field.
- Ensure the implementation of all the HSE procedures and standards for all activities.
- Directly participate in the HSE activities at site as defined in the Site HSE plan.
- Review all equipment and manpower employed by the EPC and Subcontractor are adequate and that the works conforms to design documents, Safety regulations, and to the Quality requirements.
- Perform inspections and sign the necessary certificates as per ITP'S, Site Inspection Plans, and completions documentation.
- Detect any design errors and engage owners Engineers if need be to make the necessary changes.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- BS in Civil Engineering or Construction Management or commensurate work experience in a civil construction supervisory role
- 10 or more years of civil experience in industrial construction of Gas processing plants
- 10 or more years of experience in Civil Building Construction
- Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC) preferred
- Experience working on Client side as representation in the field
- Demonstrated technical and analytical skills
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work within a team with demonstrated strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated self-motivation and direction, with strong bias toward timely performance and problem resolution