SENIOR PROJECT SCHEDULER/PLANNER required by our Client, to be hired on a Permanent basis, located in Lake Charles, LA.
- The Senior Scheduler reports to the Project Director and is responsible for providing direct support to the project for scheduling and stakeholder coordination activities.
- The successful candidate will have proven experience scheduling complex, multi-phase, multi-million-dollar construction and/or renovation projects.
- This person will be responsible for preparing detailed plans and time scaled charts and diagrams, providing development and analysis of man-hour resources, equipment resources and cost loaded, time-phased schedules and reporting schedule risks and deviations.
- Develop and maintain detailed construction planning schedules for new construction
- Develop and analyse man-hour resources, equipment resources and cost loaded, time-phased schedules.
- Prepare detailed plans and time scaled charts and diagrams
- Monitor project progress against an established baseline
- Provide impact analysis of schedule changes, identify schedule variances and opportunities and proactively develop mitigation strategies for the Project Management team
- Maintain simplified logic schedules to highlight status of key interfaces for critical path review
- Review third-party design and/or construction schedules
- Provide progress reporting documents and briefing materials as required
- Possesses master schedule system and project interface and integration understanding and appreciation for time frames necessary
- A Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering or any related field.
- Minimum 10-years scheduling experience, 15 years or more is preferred, with 5-years in direct support of an active construction project.
- Demonstrated experience scheduling the design and construction of large-scale, complex projects; including developing and managing a progress reporting methodology for a complicated design effort.
- Demonstrated ability to understand a demanding, technical and complicated construction program; and the ability to communicate progress and issues to a technical- and management-level audience.
- Experience with large-scale construction management type software
- Experience with Time Impact Analysis for claims review
- Experience incorporating field information into schedules and creating as-build schedules to measure project progress.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Proven accuracy, reliability and completeness in job accomplishment
- Effective oral and written communication skills, with an ability to communicate complex issues to a non-technical audience.
- Demonstrate experience with Primavera P6 and associated schedule analysis software.