PROJECT MANAGER - GE POWER EQUIPMENT DELIVERY required by our Client, to be assigned on a Permanent basis, located in Arlington, VA.
- This person has overall responsibility to manage contract life cycles by driving value and efficiency, while ensuring operational integrity.
- This role supports the procurement needs for a specific project and will own and manage agreements in a specific category.
- Commercial Manager for large EPC agreements from conception through completion
- Provide oversight for all commercial agreements to achieve contractual performance
- Provide all quality and safety oversight at manufacturing locations
- Progress management during execution
- Change management oversite
- Schedule evaluation and control during execution
- Process execution, full compliance with Client's controls culture
- Support Procurement organization in development and implementation of category specific strategy and commercial guidance
- Manage relationships with suppliers
- Identify business value and agreement rationalization opportunities within the portfolio
- Ensure transactional efficiency of agreements (enterprise resource planning friendly agreements)
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, or other applicable business degrees
- Strong analytical, leadership, negotiation, and communication skills
- A minimum of 5 years of contracting experience
- A minimum of 10 years in construction/subcontract management within the combined cycle power industry experience
- Combined cycle power equipment and execution technical knowledge for gas turbines, steam turbines, HRSG, Aux equipment, Power Generation and Distribution.
- Demonstrated procurement / commercial functional expertise
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Schedule review and analysis experience
- Demonstrated analytical skills / understanding of total system cost concept
- Effective negotiation, advocacy and influencing skills
- Knowledge of purchase to pay process including enterprise resource planning systems
- Category specific knowledge including: Capital Projects, Drilling & Exploration, Rigs, Upstream Operations, Catalysts & Chemicals (polymer, additives, etc.), Craft Labour (welding, painting, etc.), Efficiency Contracting (low value agreements) Buying (global transactions), Equipment & Materials (valves, turbines, etc.), Corporate (facilities, IT, travel, etc.) Fuels and Lubes (base stocks, marketing, etc.), Professional & Technical Labour (temporary, consultants, etc.), & Transportation & Logistics (trucking, warehousing, rail, marine, etc.)
- Travel - 50-75%