CONTROL & INSTRUMENT ENGINEER required by our client, to be hired on a contract basis, located in Dubai, UAE.
- The candidate is will act as a Control and Instrument Engineer for the Project. (S)He will be responsible for co-ordinating all the engineering and procurement activities undertaken by the EPC contractor during the leave absence of the Lead Control and Instrument Engineer.
- will be required to have day to day contact and communication with the Contractor's Control and Instrument Engineering Team specifically the Lead Control and Instrument Engineer.
- The work-scope will cover all elements of the project design together with the overall schedule maintenance.
- The candidate will report to and take direction from the Engineering manager and will form part of the overall project Engineering Team and which in turn forms part of the Project Management Team.
- The Engineering Team will consist of a small but focussed team who are able to work with minimal supervision and take necessary decisions
- The core engineering Team comprises of the:
- Engineering manager
- Project Engineers
- Pipeline Engineer
- Electrical Engineer
- Mechanical Engineer
- Process Engineer
- Civil/Structural Engineer
- Technical safety Engineer
- The Candidate will initially be based in the EPC contractors engineering work location with visits to Site as required
- Always promote a culture of within and outside the organisation that puts HSE on the top of the Agenda.
- Comply with all those elements Company's HSSE policy and rules.
- Undergo regular training on the Security aspects of working in Algeria
- Always recognise that HSSE is everyone's responsibility.
- The Candidate is required to take full responsibility for all aspects of the Engineering and Procurement of the Control and Instrument discipline. This scope covers all the flowlines and trunk lines connecting the well sites to the main processing plant, the Central Processing Facilities as well as the three Export pipelines (gas, LPG and Condensate). To achieve this the Candidate will be required to manage:
- All aspects of EPC Contractors engineering and Procurement activities within the Control and Instrument discipline. Set clear direction with respect to Control and Instrument static equipment issues and delivery of engineering in accordance with the project schedule.
- Provide engineering oversight, leadership and direction to contractors engineering team, as required.
- Co -ordinate the Control and Instrument deliverables review and ensure timely return of all reviewed deliverables to the EPC Contractor.
- Ensure EPC Contractor compliance with Company Technical Integrity and HSSE standards.
- Advise on the use of standards, practices and design guidelines.
- Ensure that the design meets the approved project specifications, industry standards and functional requirements including compliance with Company Project Principles, Engineering Technical Practices and associated guidelines.
- Manage the full Control and Instrument scope of the project and ensure the design integrity of the Control and Instrument scope is fully assured
- Provides technical and project support during commissioning and operation of facility
- Sign off all Control and Instrument engineering documents as part of the EPC execution contract
- Develop, monitor and influence the engineering scopes of work for the project during the EPC phase of the project
- Ensure that all Control and Instrument engineering related HSE requirements are fulfilled
- Follow-up vendor procurement packages from the Control and Instrument discipline point
- Review and approve design drawings and documentation for Control and Instrument equipment.
- Collaborate with other project team members to comply with project requirements and meet project schedules
- Travel to fabrication shops for meetings, inspections and functional tests.
- Implement the application of Company, regulatory codes and standards and good engineering practice.
- Provide Control and Instrument engineering oversight, leadership and direction to contractors engineering team.
- Ensure that the equipment design meets the approved project specifications, industry standards and functional requirements including compliance with Company Project Principles, Engineering Technical Practices and associated guidelines.
- Review and comment equipment data sheet, specifications, vendor designs/detail engineering of the equipment, interface control and timely management of all technical data.
- Provides technical support during construction and operation of facility
- Review and approve key vendor prints, documents and drawings
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Generation of Specifications for Control and Instrument Static Equipment
- Generation of Specifications for Fiscal Metering Equipment
- Significant knowledge of ICSS, SCADA and process control systems;
- Knowledge of computer systems including O/S, hardware,
- Knowledge of network systems, including all OSI layers
- Knowledge of software programming methodologies & standards;
- Knowledge of applicable industry standards including but not limited to safety standards, AGA measurement standards
- Bachelor of Science in Control and Instrument Engineering,
- Relevant 20 + years' experience as a Control and Instrument engineer, with knowledge on Gas, Condensate and LPG production facilities
- Experience generating specifications/drawings and requisitions.
- Proven previous experience with oil & gas industry and advanced knowledge of ASME codes, API standards, and other Control and Instrument engineering related industry standards is preferred
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills.
- Strong problem-solving abilities and ability to quickly assess and make recommendations (rapid problem solving) regarding Control and Instrument issues
- Team-playing attitude; keen to work in multicultural contexts and able to proactively manage the activities of the contractor's teams.
- Ability to work effectively with team members of all disciplines
- Have excellent organisational and communication skills
- Fluent in English language
- A working knowledge of French would be advantageous
- Good computer skills (MS Office, MS Project, AutoCAD, SAP etc.)
- Previous Experience in Algeria would be beneficial