PROJECT ENGINEER to be hired by our client, on a contract basis, located in Dubai, UAE.
Oil & Gas
- The candidate is will act as a Multi discipline Project Engineer for the Project.
- Candidate will be responsible for assisting the Engineering manager in co-ordinating all the engineering and procurement activities undertaken by the EPC contractor.
- Required to have day to day contact and communication with the Contractor's engineering Team specifically the Engineering Manager and the Project Engineers.
- The work-scope will cover all elements of the project design together with the overall schedule maintenance.
- The candidate will report to and take direction from the Engineering manager and will form part of the overall project Engineering Team and which in turn forms part of the Project Management Team.
- The Engineering Team will consist of a small but focussed team who are able to work with minimal supervision and take necessary decisions
- The core engineering Team comprises of the:
- Engineering manager
- Project Engineers
- Process Engineers
- Pipeline Engineer
- Mechanical Engineer
- C&I Engineer
- Electrical Engineer
- Civil/Structural Engineer
- Technical safety Engineer
- Always promote a culture of within and outside the organisation that puts HSE on the top of the Agenda.
- Comply with all those elements Company's HSSE policy and rules.
- Undergo regular training on the Security aspects of working in Algeria
- Always recognise that HSSE is everyone's responsibility.
- Resolving any Engineering and Procurement technical issues that require Client resolution.
- Ensuring that the Client disciplines review and respond to the Contractors deliverables within the Contractual time frame
- Ensure that late delivery of deliverables by the Contractor is flagged to the engineering manager together with the cause for late delivery
- Ensure that the engineering disciplines are totally familiar with their delivery to site status of their packages
- Ensure that late delivery of equipment and material by the contractor is flagged to the Engineering manager together with the cause
- Review any Client proposed changes under a “Will it work, Is it Safe?” criteria and only propose that are essential with a logical and well thought out justification to the Engineering manager.
- Review any Contractor proposed changes with the disciplines and make a recommendation with a logical and well thought out justification to the Engineering manager.
- Co-ordinate a review of any Contractor proposed Variations and make a recommendation with a logical and well thought out justification to the Engineering manager.
- Deputise for the Engineering manager as and when necessary
- To achieve this the Candidate will be required:
- To be totally familiar with the overall baseline project schedule and the Contractor's execution Plans
- Co-ordinate the Client engineering disciplines and when necessary hold and chair multi discipline meeting to reach a resolution in a timely fashion.
- Be technically familiar with the design of Onshore hydrocarbon processing facilities
- Be an EXCELLENT communicator and be able to chair meetings, present findings and argue logically in a multi-cultural environment
- Provide engineering oversight, leadership and direction to the engineering teams, as required.
- Ensure the disciplines comply with Company Technical Integrity and HSSE standards.
- Ensure that a clear direction is set with respect to Project design, delivery of engineering, procurement and construction is in accordance with the project schedule.
- Deputise for the Engineering manager as “Approver” of Contractor deliverables.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Onshore hydrocarbon facility design
- Process engineering
- PFD and P&ID development
- Plant Safeguarding
- International Codes
- Processing Facilities producing Gas, Condensate and LPG
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills.
- Strong problem-solving abilities and ability to quickly assess and make recommendations (rapid problem solving)
- Team-playing attitude; keen to work in multicultural contexts and able to proactively manage the activities of the contractor's teams.
- Ability to work effectively with team members of all disciplines
- Have excellent organisational and communication skills
- Fluent in English language
- A working knowledge of French would be advantageous
- Good computer skills (MS Office, MS Project, AutoCAD, SAP etc.)
- Previous Experience in Algeria would be beneficial
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering,
- Relevant experience as an engineer, with knowledge on Gas, Condensate and LPG production facilities
- Experience of generating specifications/drawings and requisitions.
- Proven previous experience with oil & gas industry and advanced knowledge of ASME codes, API standards, and other mechanical engineering related industry standards is preferred