SAFETY ENGINEER required by our Client, to be hired on a Contract basis, located in Toledo, OH.
Industry Sector: Oil and Gas
- Support all safety efforts on the project and promote company safety culture
- Ensure contractor activities are pre-planned for safety through scope review, pre-construction meetings, Safe Work Plans reviewed with crews
- Work with field operations to ensure compliance with the project safety and environmental program.
- Perform Weekly Toolbox Talks
- Conduct accident/incident investigations
- Prepare all Incident/Near Miss reports and submit into Corporate Safety Director as well as project ownership.
- Be involved with and lead training and site-specific meeting requirements.
- Conduct site hazard inspections of work operations; complete required reports and notifications
- Provide administrative, technical direction, and updates on the safety program
- Assist project management to ensure compliance with all safety policies
- Conduct and participate in safety audits
- Coordinate safety training activities on the project
- Inventory and order safety supplies and materials as needed
- New Hire orientation of personnel and maintain their files
- Attend pre-construction meetings, progress meetings, and other required meetings
- Perform additional assignments per Safety Director's direction
- Ability to manage time as well as multi-task assignments
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- OSHA 30
- CPR and First Aid Training
- Working knowledge of construction safety principles, techniques and methods
- Practical knowledge of OSHA laws, regulations and policies
- Capable of identifying known potential exposures and recommending corrective action
- Computer skills and familiarity with the Microsoft Office
- Management, leadership and inter-personal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills