UMBILICAL CONSTRUCTION SITE REPRESENTATIVE required by our client to be hired on a contract basis, located in Angola.
- To promote safety culture within the project and his/her activities. Lead by exemplarity to have the team members and colleagues adhering and contributing.
- To ensure that safe and ethic working practices are carried out within the activities that he/she is managing or interfacing with. To guarantee the compliance on activities.
- To ensure that state of the art, TEPA referential and local rules/laws are applied on Umbilical Manufacturing plant complied.
- With the spirit of the client values, PBF work together program and the Project charter set with SURF contractor and umbilical manufacturer, to establish and manage his/her activities motivating his/her counterparts and to work diligently to meet the targets of the Projects.
- To promote innovation as far as compatible with good enough approach for all activities. To seek optimisation and savings all along the different phases of the project. To focus on costs without impairing QHSE.
- To keep SURF Umbilical Lead and all parties (as required) informed regarding ongoing activities status.
- To anticipate and avoid change orders and delays caused by Umbilical's issues. To anticipate problems and work together with SURF Contractor' Umbilical Supplier and SURF team, to propose technical solutions.
- To timely review / validate the relevant documentation issued by Contractor(s) (technical documentation / queries / derogation requests, NCRs).
- To raise comments / highlight deviations, unacceptable or unjustified design choices affecting constructability and fabrication issues and coordinate the resolution with PBF and external entities.
- To liaise closely with the SURF Umbilical Lead to ensure that the Umbilical's system is in line with installation requirement.
- To supervise and control manufacturing organization and Umbilical system achievements in accordance with contractual requirements, technical requirements, costs and planning.
- To supervise all the activities of the Umbilical Supplier and ensure liaison between Umbilical Supplier in Angola and Project in Head Office, distributing decisions (either technical or managerial) and ensuring coherent progress and practices on site. To perform the quality control of the fabrication.
- To ensure that HSE issues are correctly handled by Supplier and that safe working practices are used within the construction team along all phases of project.
- To organise and actively participate to H3SE and QA/QC site monitoring and audits as requested by the client's referential.
- To ensure that CPI are properly received, inspected, stored and handled as per other CTRs recommendation.
- To organise, lead or participate in all necessary meetings with Contractors/Suppliers (weekly progress meeting, monthly status meetings, technical meeting.
- To deputise SURF Umbilical lead
- To represent him in Meetings/Committees/workshops/, as deemed required.
- To achieve specific tasks delegated by the SURF Umbilical lead, as reporting, expediting
- To ensure confidentiality of all the documentation produced (whatever its support)
- To gather 'lessons learnt' and provide feedback, close out report to other Client entities as required.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- More than 15 years professional experience in similar position, with sound experience in Umbilical manufacturing, quality control and testing.
- Engineer, or equivalent, with Super Duplex Welding and NDT skills.
- English mandatory, Portuguese and French will be a plus.
- Good organisation, team spirit and communication are a must.
- Technical competencies required
- Team Management
- Project management (Budget/Cost/Schedule)
- Umbilical Manufacturing and testing
- Knowledge of Company rules/procedures
- Negotiation with contractors
- Management of contractors