PROCESS ENGINEER required by our client to be hired on a contract basis, located in Dubai UAE.
Oil & Gas
- The candidate is will act as a Process Engineer for the Project.
- Responsible for co-ordinations all the engineering and procurement activities undertaken by the EPC contractor during the leave absence of the Lead Process Engineer.
- Required to have day to day contact and communication with the Contractor's Process Engineering Team specifically the Lead Process Engineer.
- The work-scope will cover all elements of the project design together with the overall schedule maintenance.
- The candidate will report to and take direction from the Engineering manager and will form part of the overall project Engineering Team and which in turn forms part of the Project Management Team.
- The Engineering Team will consist of a small but focussed team who are able to work with minimal supervision and take necessary decisions
- The Candidate will initially be based in the EPC contractors engineering work location with visits to Site as required
- Always promote a culture of within and outside the organisation that puts HSE on the top of the Agenda.
- Comply with all those elements Company's HSSE policy and rules.
- Undergo regular training on the Security aspects of working in Algeria
- Always recognise that HSSE is everyone's responsibility.
- The Candidate is required to take full responsibility for all aspects of the Engineering and Procurement of the Process discipline. This scope covers all the flowlines and trunk lines connecting the well sites to the main processing plant, the Central Processing Facilities as well as the three Export pipelines (gas, LPG and Condensate). To achieve this the Candidate will be required to manage:
- All aspects of EPC Contractors engineering and Procurement activities within the Process discipline.
- Provide engineering oversight, leadership and direction to contractors engineering team, as required.
- Co -ordinate the Process deliverables review and ensure timely return of all reviewed deliverables to the EPC Contractor.
- Ensure EPC Contractor compliance with Company Technical Integrity and HSSE standards.
- Advise on the use of standards, practices and design guidelines.
- Ensure that the design meets the approved project specifications, industry standards and functional requirements including compliance with Company Project Principles, Engineering Technical Practices and associated guidelines.
- Ensure that a clear direction is set with respect to Project design, delivery of engineering, procurement and construction is in accordance with the project schedule.
- Provides technical and project support during commissioning and operation of facility
- Sign off all Process engineering documents (P&IDs, heat and mass balances, philosophies and technical reports, data sheets, etc) as part of the EPC execution contract
- Manage the full process scope of the project and ensure the design integrity of the process scope is fully assured
- Develop, monitor and influence the engineering scopes of work for the project during the EPC phase of the project
- Ensure that all process engineering related HSE requirements are fulfilled
- Follow-up vendor procurement packages from the process discipline point
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Process simulation
- PFD and P&ID development
- Relief and Blowdown system design
- Flow Assurance
- Plant Safeguarding
- International Codes
- Material Selection
- Processing Facilities producing Gas, Condensate and LPG
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering,
- Relevant 20 + years' experience as a Process engineer, with knowledge on Gas, Condensate and LPG production facilities
- Experience generating specifications/drawings and requisitions.
- Proven previous experience with oil & gas industry and advanced knowledge of ASME codes, API standards, and other mechanical engineering related industry standards is preferred
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills.
- Strong problem-solving abilities and ability to quickly assess and make recommendations (rapid problem solving)
- Team-playing attitude; keen to work in multicultural contexts and able to proactively manage the activities of the contractor's teams.
- Ability to work effectively with team members of all disciplines
- Have excellent organisational and communication skills
- Fluent in English language
- A working knowledge of French would be advantageous
- Good computer skills (MS Office, MS Project, AutoCAD, SAP etc.)
- Previous Experience in Algeria would be beneficial