SENIOR SITE MANAGER required by our client, to be hired on a permanent basis, located in Lagos, Nigeria.
Industry Sector: Oil & Gas
- Responsible for implementing the preconstruction, construction, commissioning and project closeout phases of a development project with an emphasis on establishing and maintaining project controls and completing projects in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- must have demonstrated skills in negotiating, coordinating and directing work of subcontractors, and in developing strong working relationships with general contractor personnel, subcontractors, inspectors, and other related parties.
- Direct and oversee construction projects from conception to completion while monitoring compliance with safety and building regulations.
- Coordinate subcontractors and the construction team to meet contractual conditions of performance.
- Prepare external and internal reports relating to job status, daily progress, estimates, and deliverables.
- Negotiate agreement terms, manage construction contract drafts, bid on projects, and obtain permits to analyse and mitigate risks.
- Communicate with the responsible parties to ensure quality construction exceeds company standards and proper industry techniques and processes are utilized, while ensuring the client's needs and wants are efficiently met.
- Review projects daily to ensure quality construction standards exist and estimates remain within budget.
- Supervise construction projects to ensure they are completed on time and exceed the customer's requirements.
- Work under deadlines in a fast-paced environment to plan and coordinate all aspects of the building process from hiring contractors to working with engineers, architects, and vendors
- Technical Effort Management - Establish Project Quality plan and construction methods statements.
- Responsible for managing technical risks throughout the projects.
- Communicates and enforces Coding standards and Projects specifications.
- Performs Code & Specifications reviews.
- Manages technical resources within budget and project schedule.
- Implement tools for: planning, document control, site material follow-up, material take off, and physical progress.
- Manage the quality control team
- Communication - Facilitates team and client meetings effectively.
- Holds regular status meetings with the Project departments.
- Keeps Project team well informed of changes within the organization and general corporate news.
- Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Excellent resource, planning, and time management skills
- Superior management and delegation capabilities
- High level of financial responsibilities
- Preferred: Leadership, project, and time management skills
- Previous internship on a construction job
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Able to manage team of employees and multiple projects
- Experienced at compiling and following strict budgets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Goal-oriented and organized leadership
- Able to analyse problems and strategize for better solutions
- In-depth understanding of the construction industry
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Computer Skills: Proficient with Microsoft Office; Microsoft Project and experience with Project Management software preferred
- Organized and able to create multiple timelines, budgets, and schedules
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal building code regulations
- Able to build solid relationships with team members, vendors, and customers
- Ability to understand situations (strategic pertinence and anticipation)
- Good communication skills (ability to understand and make himself/herself understood)
- Strong Leadership and communication skills required Teamwork
- Client Management
- Bachelor's degree in construction management, construction science, engineering, architecture, or related field from an accredited university
- Three years' experience as a construction manager or in a similar position in construction management